White Vs. Cream Helmets

I heard this topic being discussed on the radio the other day. I would like to chime in. I really liked the old cream colored helmets. Perhaps that is just memories of when Nebraska was good at football and ever since we have had the white helmets my memories have been of us getting pounded by good teams and even not so good of teams. But I just think our colors are cream not white. I think it just looks better with the red N- the white is too bright. Someone mentioned the cream helmet and the white jersey didnt match. Who cares- it didnt bother me. Heck change the dang jersey to a cream as well. 

Just my opinion the bright white and the red N is not as cool. 

• Plus1 2

The cream colored anything is 'old fashioned' and would not go over well with the great majority of fans.   Actually, it makes the white look dirty or stained.   Leave the bright white and bright red.   Scarlet is a bright red as opposed to bama and sooner dried blood red.

I'd guess you'd have to go back to the '70s to find much cream color in the uniforms, etc.   Keep the uniforms clean, fitting and less rather than more.  It is not a fashion statement.   The team will play with the style and passion and win and all will be just fine.          

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Exactly. We are scarlet and cream. Not white and red.

You can't claim to be a true Cornhuskers fan if you don't yell "Go Big Scarlet!" instead of "Go Big Red!" :bigredn:

• Plus1 8