An Election Day poll from Sam M.

Husker History  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for the 93 team before I saw TO's comments, although 99 was also very good. I watched the 83, 93, and 99 teams and 93 and 99 were both better than 83.

The 83 team didn't play anybody - only Penn St and Miami were ranked when we played them, and only Miami was ranked in the final polls. Unranked Oklahoma only lost 28-21 and unranked Okie State only lost 14-10. That team was spectacular on offense, but mostly just beat up some mediocre to terrible teams.

3 hours ago, Dewiz said:

Hey don’t shoot the messenger 

Coach Osborne was on The Bottom line today from 11:45-12:20 and he was asked about this poll and according to Tom, the 93’ and 82’ teams were better. 

Severe and I both thought that Tom was leaning more toward the 93’ team better the better bunch between the three teams from the way he talked more about that team and other stuff he mentioned. He didn’t comment on the 99’ teams though. 

Barry Switzer agrees with Tom as far as the '82 and "83 teams go. In a Sports Illustrated article in '83  concerning wether or not the '83 team was the greatest college football team of all time he said he thought the '82 team was better but "they got ripped off by the zebras down at Penn St". Penn St went on to win the natty if ircc.

As far as the '93 team goes that natl championship game had to be the most blatant, in your face rip off of a football game ever and Bowden knew it and that's why he called Tom and told him they were lucky to win that game.  The worse part about it is, is that would have set us up for the first 3-peat in the modern era of college football and 4 out of 5 years as national champions.  My brother remembers a Huskers football shirt he saw after the '97 season that said on the front "Our business is winning championships" and on the back it said "and business is good".

It's way past time to get back to our business. I finally feel it's possible with Frost at the helm.

Edited by TheBigRed1
add a last comment

All 4 in the poll should've had nattys.  I had trouble picking between 82 and 83 but I'm a little biased, I was at UNL those years. I voted for 83 but I'm not convinced 82 wasn't the better team. 83 rolled up some sick offensive numbers but some of that was at the expense of lesser opponents. 93 is sure right in the mix too but I gotta go with 82 & 83 both being better. 99 is clearly 4th of these. Ah the good ole days when we coulda shoulda won it all, seemingly every year.

• Plus1 1