***Official Mariners Misery Thread***

I'm hard pressed to think of a team that has been this bad offensively since this year's Royals.  They haven't scored 5 or more runs in 19 straight games and have only scored 5+ runs, 5 times in the last month.  It's a shame because their starting pitching has seemed to get a fair bit better and it's going to waste.  Definitely has to be frustrating when the other team scores 3 runs and you know the chances are pretty high you're going to lose.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Rangers traded Hamels within the division.  He'd be a great pickup for the stretch run as his contract is pretty friendly.  He's owed $20mm this year and has a $20mm team option next year or a $6mm buyout as there is zero chance he hits his vesting option.  The great thing is, because Hamels is 34 going on 35 he's going to command next to nothing for prospects  which is great for the Ms because they have wait for it....next to nothing in terms of prospects.  That being said, they do have cash to spend and they aren't going to hit the luxury tax threshold.

Some more fun reading about this can be found here...

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2018/6/29/17519604/about-those-cole-hamels-to-the-mariners-rumors-trade-rumor-season-2018

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy to know that my 100+ votes counted toward something! The girlfriend definitely asked why I kept typing in those codes for to vote for about ten minutes while we were hanging out the other day lol 

Now we just need to close out the first half strong and fend off the surging A’s. Crazy how 5 AL teams are pacing 100 wins while there are zero NL teams at this point. 

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh, this is just so gross.  Toronto stinks!  C'mon Ms, get it together.  Goodness gracious the offense outside of Nelson Cruz absolutely stinks right now.  Cano coming back will obviously help things but it's unfair to expect he's going to come in and immediately light it up.  The Ms have a critical 10 game road trip coming up at Texas' launching pad, Houston and Oakland.