Huskers @ Illinois - May 17-19

12 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is not a well coached team. Also this year record wise should be worse than Anderson's worst team. With Scott and Wilk gone after this year, I fail to see how Erstad's run has/will be any better than Anderson's. As a die hard it's tough to see our program come to this.

The sad part is people are willing to overlook Erstad's recruiting failures within the state of Nebraska.  They'll blame the Big 10 ("nobody wants to play in that league") when the word on the street is no effort is being made to contact some very talented players in NE :|

58 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

The sad part is people are willing to overlook Erstad's recruiting failures within the state of Nebraska.  They'll blame the Big 10 ("nobody wants to play in that league") when the word on the street is no effort is being made to contact some very talented players in NE :|

Alienating the local HS coaches and JUCOs (IWCC) is so dumb, yet that’s exactly what this staff has done. That coupled with the fact it’s locally known that our pitching coach will ruin your arm - idk what parent/coach would send his kid here. Offensively we have recruited slow, .200 hitters - who don’t know how to run the bases correctly (90% of them from out of state). I think Moos would be shocked to see who he could get to run this program if we just put the effort in. The last national search yielded us Van Horn...

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Alienating the local HS coaches and JUCOs (IWCC) is so dumb, yet that’s exactly what this staff has done. That coupled with the fact it’s locally known that our pitching coach will ruin your arm - idk what parent/coach would send his kid here. Offensively we have recruited slow, .200 hitters - who don’t know how to run the bases correctly (90% of them from out of state). I think Moos would be shocked to see who he could get to run this program if we just put the effort in. The last national search yielded us Van Horn...

Please provide sources or examples!  There is a fine line in recruiting talent in baseball.  If they are too good, they go straight into the pros.  Plus, we do not offer full rides.  I am not a DE fan, as his players hardly ever get better and lack the common basics of the game.  It's all about finding the athlete and teaching.  

37 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Please provide sources or examples!  There is a fine line in recruiting talent in baseball.  If they are too good, they go straight into the pros.  Plus, we do not offer full rides.  I am not a DE fan, as his players hardly ever get better and lack the common basics of the game.  It's all about finding the athlete and teaching.  

Of which claim? Taking Sean Chandler last minute and not notifying the IWCC staff of their intentions was not beneficial to relations. I’ve heard from parents of former players and high school recruits that don’t think highly of our current staff. Sharp and Benning dedicated a segment,  Monday I believe, to the poor reputation around the state that this staff has with HS coaches. Also the proof is in the pudding - for a state that produces so much talent, we only have one contributor on offense that is from the state and he wasn’t even a scholarship player. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Of which claim? Taking Sean Chandler last minute and not notifying the IWCC staff of their intentions was not beneficial to relations. I’ve heard from parents of former players and high school recruits that don’t think highly of our current staff. Sharp and Benning dedicated a segment,  Monday I believe, to the poor reputation around the state that this staff has with HS coaches. Also the proof is in the pudding - for a state that produces so much talent, we only have one contributor on offense that is from the state and he wasn’t even a scholarship player. 

Your mistake is taking 100% of what Benning says as the full truth.  I don't care for the staff either, but that does not mean we have a lot of mid to upper D1 talent.  I do not know what the kids are like out west, but I do in the Lincoln area.   We have some good athletes in the area, but the best way to say it is they don't have the physical tools: too small, too slow, average arms.  And the best athletes around here, what to play football. 

21 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Your mistake is taking 100% of what Benning says as the full truth.  I don't care for the staff either, but that does not mean we have a lot of mid to upper D1 talent.  I do not know what the kids are like out west, but I do in the Lincoln area.   We have some good athletes in the area, but the best way to say it is they don't have the physical tools: too small, too slow, average arms.  And the best athletes around here, what to play football. 

Bohm, Hoffman, Foster, Helman, Stroh, Van Scoy, Culliver, Rose...all those guys could be major players at Nebraska and we let them get out of state. Trust me Nebraska produces quite a bit of baseball talent for a small state. I could build a lineup of Nebraska/IWCC kids that would be a 1 or 2 seed this season.

33 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Bohm, Hoffman, Foster, Helman, Stroh, Van Scoy, Culliver, Rose...all those guys could be major players at Nebraska and we let them get out of state. Trust me Nebraska produces quite a bit of baseball talent for a small state. I could build a lineup of Nebraska/IWCC kids that would be a 1 or 2 seed this season.

Nice, as most of these guys went the Juco route before playing for a D1 School.  Plus, Foster was committed to A&M his jr. year.  Good luck building a team with Jucos & DII players.  I'm not disagreeing that this coaching staff needs to go.  Baseball is an entirely different animal.  You have to have players who can contribute early and are not going to the pros.  Many players leave after their Jr. yr.   Kids that go Juco route need development.

48 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Nice, as most of these guys went the Juco route before playing for a D1 School.  Plus, Foster was committed to A&M his jr. year.  Good luck building a team with Jucos & DII players.  I'm not disagreeing that this coaching staff needs to go.  Baseball is an entirely different animal.  You have to have players who can contribute early and are not going to the pros.  Many players leave after their Jr. yr.   Kids that go Juco route need development.

I find it interesting that you are so vocal in your support of one coaching staff that has won nothing of significance in six years yet you are so vocal about getting rid of a coach that won a conference title last year.