QB Logan Smothers

HuskerBoard Predictor  

34 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Smothers commit?

• Nebraska
    • Southern Mississippi
    • UAB

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Didn't the unrated OT almost do it?  And the JUCO DT?  I also thought there were a couple others

Not everyone is going to commit instantly on their visit. I don't know that it's a bad thing either, it's easy to get caught up in a moment and then not mean it. 

So to answer your question, no I don't know if the staff is telling them to wait. 

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Seems to be a theme lately.  Are the coaches talking the players out of doing it?  

I would say "yes". I heard (I think from the 247 podcast) that the staff specifically did this with the unrated OT and JUCO DT. Frost has said that when a kid commits to the program, they commit to him. So, I think they only want guys to commit when they are completely ready to end the recruiting process.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not everyone is going to commit instantly on their visit. I don't know that it's a bad thing either, it's easy to get caught up in a moment and then not mean it. 

So to answer your question, no I don't know if the staff is telling them to wait. 

I am quite aware that not everyone is going to commit on an initial visit.  It is just interesting as the post just above this one says, the coaches don't want anyone to commit unless they are all N and done.  Which got me wondering about the string of players that were reportedly ready to commit on the spot.  Meaning, you would think the player would know the position the coaches have on this so it's just something I wouldn't expect to hear very much if at all.

50 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I am quite aware that not everyone is going to commit on an initial visit.  It is just interesting as the post just above this one says, the coaches don't want anyone to commit unless they are all N and done.  Which got me wondering about the string of players that were reportedly ready to commit on the spot.  Meaning, you would think the player would know the position the coaches have on this so it's just something I wouldn't expect to hear very much if at all.

Good point. If the coaching staff has the policy that recruits are only allowed to commit once they agree to shutdown their recruiting process, we should expect to see little to no decommitments and no visits to other programs. Also, if someone commits during their visit (like Jackson Hannah wanted to), then you would think those are solid commitments and they would take no visits to other programs.

• Plus1 1

It's the smart move. We're talking about a 2020 quarterback recruit with an underwhelming offer-list. If we are only taking one qb we better be sure he's the right one. Plus if we're right about him that offer-list won't stay underwhelming. We impressed him now, does he stay impressed when the big-dogs of the SEC come calling? 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Said he nearly committed to Nebraska after his visit.  

Was at FNL at Ohio State last week.  They didn't offer but he said Urb said they will be recruiting him hard. 

Nebraska still leads but he's keeping an eye on Ohio State.

How hard can you recruit someone, if you don't offer them? :dunno

• Plus1 2
On 6/15/2018 at 10:31 PM, Danimal said:

It's the smart move. We're talking about a 2020 quarterback recruit with an underwhelming offer-list. If we are only taking one qb we better be sure he's the right one. Plus if we're right about him that offer-list won't stay underwhelming. We impressed him now, does he stay impressed when the big-dogs of the SEC come calling? 

The coaches think he is the right one according to the OWH.  Today they said Verduzco said all QB offers are committable.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, StPaulHusker said:

The coaches think he is the right one according to the OWH.  Today they said Verduzco said all QB offers are committable.

First, of course he's going to say offers are committable, saying otherwise admits that they "play the game"..  Second, Smothers is far from our only 2020 qb offer, are they all the right one?  There is certainly a pecking-order and cases where we'd go for a commit vs telling them to take some time with the decision.  They are obviously pretty interested,, but as to whether they are sold enough on his game and the security of his potential commitment to commit to him only the legit insiders know. 

14 hours ago, Danimal said:

First, of course he's going to say offers are committable, saying otherwise admits that they "play the game"..  Second, Smothers is far from our only 2020 qb offer, are they all the right one?  There is certainly a pecking-order and cases where we'd go for a commit vs telling them to take some time with the decision.  They are obviously pretty interested,, but as to whether they are sold enough on his game and the security of his potential commitment to commit to him only the legit insiders know. 

Schaefer said this morning on Sharp & Benning that he could see Smothers being the first 2020 commit because they like him that much.  So I'll go with that

• Plus1 1
On 6/13/2018 at 7:40 PM, Mavric said:

Rated his visit a 10.  No word on if a brother attended as well.

Has visits set up to Auburn, Mississippi State and Alabama in the next week.

From this post ... it's been two weeks and there is no news about how these visits went?  Some big programs ... I would think we would be reading something in the last week about at least his visit to Alabama.

Hmmm ... even his Twitter feed has been dead since his Husker visit.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Logan Smothers
  • Mavric pinned this topic