Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

QB Logan Smothers

HuskerBoard Predictor  

13 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Smothers commit?

• Nebraska
    • Southern Mississippi
    • UAB

Player: Logan Smothers

Hometown: Athens, Alabama

School: Athens

Position: Quarterback

Height: 6-2

Weight: 180

40 Time

Offers: Nebraska, South Alabama, Southern Mississippi, UAB

Visits: 6/13/18

Twitter

247 Composite

Rivals
247: #11 DTQB; :star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

Rated his visit a 10.  No word on if a brother attended as well.

Has visits set up to Auburn, Mississippi State and Alabama in the next week.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Seems to be a theme lately.  Are the coaches talking the players out of doing it?  

I'm would guess they would encourage a 2020 kid to take a breath and think it over. 

Not sure who else has fit that theme lately?

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm would guess they would encourage a 2020 kid to take a breath and think it over. 

Not sure who else has fit that theme lately?

Didn't the unrated OT almost do it?  And the JUCO DT?  I also thought there were a couple others

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

Ran a 11.01 100 dash this year. 

Here is a video from his Freshman year where he ran 11:55 in the 100 yard dash.  

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Didn't the unrated OT almost do it?  And the JUCO DT?  I also thought there were a couple others

Not everyone is going to commit instantly on their visit. I don't know that it's a bad thing either, it's easy to get caught up in a moment and then not mean it. 

So to answer your question, no I don't know if the staff is telling them to wait. 

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Seems to be a theme lately.  Are the coaches talking the players out of doing it?  

I would say "yes". I heard (I think from the 247 podcast) that the staff specifically did this with the unrated OT and JUCO DT. Frost has said that when a kid commits to the program, they commit to him. So, I think they only want guys to commit when they are completely ready to end the recruiting process.

58 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not everyone is going to commit instantly on their visit. I don't know that it's a bad thing either, it's easy to get caught up in a moment and then not mean it. 

So to answer your question, no I don't know if the staff is telling them to wait. 

I am quite aware that not everyone is going to commit on an initial visit.  It is just interesting as the post just above this one says, the coaches don't want anyone to commit unless they are all N and done.  Which got me wondering about the string of players that were reportedly ready to commit on the spot.  Meaning, you would think the player would know the position the coaches have on this so it's just something I wouldn't expect to hear very much if at all.

50 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I am quite aware that not everyone is going to commit on an initial visit.  It is just interesting as the post just above this one says, the coaches don't want anyone to commit unless they are all N and done.  Which got me wondering about the string of players that were reportedly ready to commit on the spot.  Meaning, you would think the player would know the position the coaches have on this so it's just something I wouldn't expect to hear very much if at all.

Good point. If the coaching staff has the policy that recruits are only allowed to commit once they agree to shutdown their recruiting process, we should expect to see little to no decommitments and no visits to other programs. Also, if someone commits during their visit (like Jackson Hannah wanted to), then you would think those are solid commitments and they would take no visits to other programs.

I think its neat, he is setting the precedent of the standards he expects in his program. If you say your gonna do something- then do it. Stand behind your word. I love it. At some point some kid will decommit- but I love the emphasis on dont commit unless you really mean it.

I kinda like it, especially for the 2020 players. And obviously Frost has mentioned several times how it made him feel when Osborne told him to stay at Stanford for the spring to make sure. It let him know he was concerned about him as a person.

It's the smart move. We're talking about a 2020 quarterback recruit with an underwhelming offer-list. If we are only taking one qb we better be sure he's the right one. Plus if we're right about him that offer-list won't stay underwhelming. We impressed him now, does he stay impressed when the big-dogs of the SEC come calling?