Kansas City to Get NBA Team?

If it comes to Omaha, I'd be buying season tickets.   If it's in KC, I'll make 4-5 trips a season for teams I want to watch.  

If the expansion is Seattle and KC (Omaha) I would assume both will be West and force Memphis and NO to the East, where I think they more naturally belong.   And with NHL doing well and NFL not too far away, I think a dark horse NBA city is Vegas.   That would bump down KC/Omaha on the pecking order.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, Mavric said:

Minnesota isnt a great basketball market in some senses but when the Wolves were good in KG's hay-day they had very strong attendance. 

Minnesota fans want a decent product. When they were bad over the last few seasons, averaging around 14.5K per game. Last year- 17K.

The Clink can hold a capacity of 17,500. Target Center can hold 19,500.

Basketball is fairly popular in Minneapolis, the product just sucked. 

I just think because of the # of people, the comment that Omaha is a better market for Pro Basketball is faulty. Nebraskans are just more willing to go see crap products because they would have no other option.

But when the product is good, MN fan support is strong.

Probably homer status, but I really don't get how these leagues see value stacking more teams into already thinly stretched mid tier markets.  Is there really enough cash in KC to go around to the NFL, MLB and NBA, plus one of the best supported MLS clubs.

Seems like being the only player in a city would help with ticket sales along with corporate sponsors.  Sure Omaha would be cool, but I think Lousiville would be a great market for the NBA.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, Mavric said:

I see it as the exact opposite as McKewon. As we saw with the Nighthawks, Omaha fans will eat up a legit pro team. An NFL team? Fuhgeddaboutit.

On the other hand, interest in basketball as a sport is already lower than football. When you throw in Creighton, and UNO to a lesser extent, you almost oversaturate the market.

Even if you include Husker football games, you’re looking at:

82 games + 30-ish + 30-ish

vs.

16 games + 12

All that said, I would love to have either league.