Huskers After Graduate Transfer Cornerback

31 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

His stats are not that impressive. What am l missing?

right now we all view scott as some sort of 2nd coming so i don't have the status to question his choices.  if frost is interested in him......i will not object.   

49 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

He's a body that could provide depth.  Chinander's ideal roster would have twice as many CB's that are currently on the team.

I have no idea if this guy will be great or even good, but he's worth taking a look at to provide depth for the next year or two.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Stats alone don't tell the whole story. This staff might see potential.

Could have been a poor system fit, could have had personal things going on/poor school fit.  There are a lot of good football players who never show it on the field for a myriad of reasons. I feel like Frost and co know exactly the type of guy the want for their system.  A lot of schools just chase stars and try to make them fit, aka Mike Riley's Nebraska.

I thought I read somewhere it was very competitive for the starting spot and ND is pretty solid in the backend.  He just missed out on winning the spot.  Would feel mich better if we could find a corner.  We aren't good or deep there.  LJ could be a force but after that it is up in the air.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

I thought I read somewhere it was very competitive for the starting spot and ND is pretty solid in the backend.  He just missed out on winning the spot.  Would feel mich better if we could find a corner.  We aren't good or deep there.  LJ could be a force but after that it is up in the air.  

+1

I don’t think NU can afford to be picky at the CB spot right now. NU needs bodies who can play and contribute right away. This guy fits that description. 

Yeah, we could actually probably use 2 Grad Transfer CB’s probably.

Lamar Jackson

Eric Lee

DeCaprio Bootle

thats about where the depth chart ends

Itd be really good if we could land a class at CB like we had “committed” last year. Probably need 4 CB’s in this class.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yeah, we could actually probably use 2 Grad Transfer CB’s probably.

Lamar Jackson

Eric Lee

DeCaprio Bootle

thats about where the depth chart ends

Itd be really good if we could land a class at CB like we had “committed” last year. Probably need 4 CB’s in this class.

On top of that, none of those three have proven anything. 

• Plus1 1