Huskers After Graduate Transfer Cornerback

On 5/19/2018 at 12:40 AM, runningblind said:

Stats alone don't tell the whole story. This staff might see potential.

Could have been a poor system fit, could have had personal things going on/poor school fit.  There are a lot of good football players who never show it on the field for a myriad of reasons. I feel like Frost and co know exactly the type of guy the want for their system.  A lot of schools just chase stars and try to make them fit, aka Mike Riley's Nebraska.

Shaquem Griffin says hello!

On 5/18/2018 at 11:40 PM, runningblind said:

Stats alone don't tell the whole story. This staff might see potential.

Could have been a poor system fit, could have had personal things going on/poor school fit.  There are a lot of good football players who never show it on the field for a myriad of reasons. I feel like Frost and co know exactly the type of guy the want for their system.  A lot of schools just chase stars and try to make them fit, aka Mike Riley's Nebraska.

That could be. If I recall, Shaquem Griffin's stats were not very good pre-Frost, and Suh's state were not very good pre-Pelini.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s an article providing “updates” about Watkins’ recruitment, without actually saying much. Essentially, he is thinking about visiting Nebraska, talks to Daniels and his old HS coach about Nebraska, and is looking at other schools (Alabama was mentioned).

Personally, I don’t think there is much to get excited about until he visits; if he visits. Also, heard his visit to West Virginia puts them in the lead; they are also thin at CB.

http://www.starherald.com/sports/big_red_wrap/football/recruiting-graduate-transfer-cornerback-nick-watkins-looking-at-nebraska/article_d7687341-acec-52bf-bc04-58be4417276e.html

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Here’s an article providing “updates” about Watkins’ recruitment, without actually saying much. Essentially, he is thinking about visiting Nebraska, talks to Daniels and his old HS coach about Nebraska, and is looking at other schools (Alabama was mentioned).

Personally, I don’t think there is much to get excited about until he visits; if he visits. Also, heard his visit to West Virginia puts them in the lead; they are also thin at CB.

http://www.starherald.com/sports/big_red_wrap/football/recruiting-graduate-transfer-cornerback-nick-watkins-looking-at-nebraska/article_d7687341-acec-52bf-bc04-58be4417276e.html

Sounds like there is about a 95% chance that you will get excited.

Other offers are pouring in, too; Watkins said he is talking to Alabama on Thursday night as well.  LINK

If Saban is even talking to him it's unlikely that his stats would be an issue for Nebraska.  Just sayin..  

• Plus1 1