Solich - couple questions

Just now, Cdog923 said:

'99 would have easily been a title. Maybe 2000 or 2001, too. 

I don't know, maybe.  The only way we even make a title game in 99' was to go undefeated.  Considering the Texas curse, I'm not sure about 99' and winning a title especially when factoring in we had to play them twice.  If we keep all the excuses out of it, TO managed to lose to a Texas team in 96' that was worse than the Texas team in 99'.  I believe Solich is the only coach we had that managed to beat Texas once the Big 12 was formed. 

If we are keeping everything else the same with the exception of TO being head coach instead of Solich, I don't think we win a title in 2000 or 01' either.  After drubbing Florida for the NC in 95', TO himself even said that players who would no longer qualify under Prop. 48 would probably wind up in junior college and Nebraska doesn't have many junior colleges while Texas does.   

On 5/21/2018 at 11:47 AM, junior4949 said:

I don't know, maybe.  The only way we even make a title game in 99' was to go undefeated.  Considering the Texas curse, I'm not sure about 99' and winning a title especially when factoring in we had to play them twice.  If we keep all the excuses out of it, TO managed to lose to a Texas team in 96' that was worse than the Texas team in 99'.  I believe Solich is the only coach we had that managed to beat Texas once the Big 12 was formed. 

If we are keeping everything else the same with the exception of TO being head coach instead of Solich, I don't think we win a title in 2000 or 01' either.  After drubbing Florida for the NC in 95', TO himself even said that players who would no longer qualify under Prop. 48 would probably wind up in junior college and Nebraska doesn't have many junior colleges while Texas does.   

The '99 scenario depends.  If Nebraska beats Texas in the regular season, I believe A&M wins the south and Nebraska has to beat them twice instead of the horns, which, eh, not impossible, I don't think.