DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Nash Hutmacher

Hometown: Chamberlain, South Dakota

School: Chamberlain

Position: Defensive Tackle

Height: 6-5

Weight: 285

Offers: Nebraska

Visits: 6/5/18; 9/8/18 vs. Colorado; 9/29/18 vs. Purdue; 9/14/19 vs Northern Illinois; 9/28/19 vs Ohio State; 10/5/19 vs Northwestern; 11/29/19 vs Iowa

Twitter

247 Composite: #495 Overall; #48 DT; .8778; :star:star:star

Rivals: :star:star:star 
247: #27 DT; :star:star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

Father is police chief in Chamberlain, and is a former powerlifter and current strongman competitor.   Nash is a fantastic wrestler, and could be tough to get him to play ball in college rather than wrestle.

With that said, this kid would be at the top of my recruiting board for '20.  Very special athlete.

• Plus1 1

Pretty familiar with this kid. Couple good stories. He was in the most hyped match of all time this year in the HVWT championship.

Funny thing is with this kid is he probably won’t be able to keep his weight down low enough to be a college wrestler.

This is a sneaky good offer. Is a freak by SD standards.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

He said he prefers to play offensive line but would play on defense if that's what is asked of him.  He said Nebraska hasn't talked to him about which side of the ball.

Camping at Wisconsin and Iowa this summer.

Was actually wondering about this last night and was curious if we were actually wanting DT.  

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Does he have a leader in terms of offer?

Not sure if he has any major offers besides ours. Pretty sure we are the first big one. Not even sure if the smaller SD D1’s have offered yet.

1 minute ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Might be really difficult to get him away from wrestling. He is moving up the ranks and is being projected to be a Gable Steveson type wrestler. Would be huge to get him though....I would put the press on him. Would be a good start to anchor the OL/DL in this class!

Word is he isn’t going to be able to stay at 285... keeps growing and growing. 285 is the max weight in wrestling FYI.

On 5/20/2018 at 6:56 PM, Touchdown Tommie said:

Might be really difficult to get him away from wrestling. He is moving up the ranks and is being projected to be a Gable Steveson type wrestler. Would be huge to get him though....I would put the press on him. Would be a good start to anchor the OL/DL in this class!

He has a ways to go for him to be mentioned in the same sentence as Gable Steveson IMO.  Gable is one of the very best in the world at heavyweight and he hasnt even reached college yet. 

• Plus1 1
On 5/21/2018 at 10:24 PM, Stumpy1 said:

He has a ways to go for him to be mentioned in the same sentence as Gable Steveson IMO.  Gable is one of the very best in the world at heavyweight and he hasnt even reached college yet. 

Hence me saying he is being projected. The school I coach at wrestles them every year...I am very familiar with Gable. 

• Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher