Decker Stepping Away from Football

From what I have heard on other boards. Someone in the know fwiw said he has struggled with wanting to walk away before.  That is why even though he looked  better than Conrad he wasn’t starting.  His commitment has always been shaky. 

That doesn’t mean he is a bad kid it just means the love for the game isn’t what it needs to be. I quit playing after my freshman year, d2. Didn’t want to put the time into it.  

• Plus1 2

When reading that, it sounds like to me that his goals are not to be committed to the game of football and he used it as a means to get free schooling. 

Can't use those type of guys. Obviously want our kids to be committed to their academics but you can do both. I like that we are rooting these guys out of the locker room -- I abhor the "don't care" attitude (Not that Decker truly didn't care, just read it as that)

51 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

When reading that, it sounds like to me that his goals are not to be committed to the game of football and he used it as a means to get free schooling. 

Can't use those type of guys. Obviously want our kids to be committed to their academics but you can do both. I like that we are rooting these guys out of the locker room -- I abhor the "don't care" attitude (Not that Decker truly didn't care, just read it as that)

To quote Drake "zero to 100 real quick "

• Plus1 1