Andrew Ward Leaving the Huskers

9 minutes ago, ADS said:

Tbh we’re pretty stacked at ILB so not surprising at all we lose one.

Are stacked in the younger classes? Honest question. I think we are pretty good with our top 3, but they are also JR's/SR. 

Edit: Do we even have any scholly ILB underclassmen besides Hampton/Roberts?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Are stacked in the younger classes? Honest question. I think we are pretty good with our top 3, but they are also JR's/SR. 

Not really.  We now have no freshmen - unless Jurgens moves to ILB.  We have Pernell Jefferson and Avery Roberts as sophomores that I know of.  Which is to say that's what they played last year.  It's possible there could be some shuffling.  But we'll need a couple ILBs in this next class now.

• Plus1 1

"I'm sorry my time is up but I enjoyed Lincoln and the Beautiful fans while it lasted."  --Andrew Ward  

==========================  

It almost sounds like he felt he was being forced out.  I doubt if that's the case.  But based on his thank-yous, it seems like he might not be on-board with the new coaching staff.  (pure speculation on my part)  :dunno

In any event, I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands.  

I truly prefer Frost's honest approach with the kids(not saying that made them leave), but giving them a no sh!t sitrep of where they fit in or don't.  The guy who doesn't work in this system might go on and excel in another. The team is better when it has all the guys pulling the same way, buying in, fit the system and have an opportunity to contribute in some way.  A guy who sees where he fits, what's expected and how he can contribute tends to practice/play better IMGO.

Regardless of the reasons, I wish nothing, but the best for the kids moving forward.

1 hour ago, NUance said:

It almost sounds like he felt he was being forced out.  I doubt if that's the case.

I wouldnt, and I'm not talking about this specific case. Trick is to find a way to cycle players while making them feel it was their choice. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, brophog said:

I wouldnt, and I'm not talking about this specific case. Trick is to find a way to cycle players while making them feel it was their choice. 

Agree 100%. Forcing players out via “pain management” is the SEC method of roster control/turnover, and it’s bound to burn them down the road when the wrong kids get forced out and finger bagmen in retaliation. 

At at least what Frost is doing (per the reports on the boards, FWIW) is forthright, honest, and no bulls***. After all of the shoveled manure these kids get via recruiting (in general, not from DoNU), a no manure approach is probably welcome.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Frost said earlier this week that there may be "a couple more".  So possibly Ward and Decker are the last but you never know.

We're down to 84 now (assuming Brokop is actually gone).  Which is still 7 better than we were a year ago.

So now you snag the GT CB....