South Africa government taking land owned by White farmers

Barbaric times in South Africa when the colonizers came for diamonds and gold and forced the native majority into segragation, economic and social dispair. I'm glad the native people regained control from the savages who came to their land and destroyed the native way of life out of lust for riches.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Barbaric times in South Africa when the colonizers came for diamonds and gold and forced the native majority into segragation, economic and social dispair. I'm glad the native people regained control from the savages who came to their land and destroyed the native way of life out of lust for riches.

I agree, it was.

But that's the fault of the current landowner's, how? You really think there is some kind of justice in taking land from innocent people?

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

And that's the fault of the current landowner's, how?

Considering apartheid was still in effect until the mid 80s in South Africa, it may be safe to say current white land owners probably benefitted from discriminatory rule. Fact of the matter is the land was stolen from them, they are just taking it back.

Edit: apartheid was in effect until 1991.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Considering apartheid was still in effect until the mid 80s in South Africa, it may be safe to say current white land owners probably benefitted from discriminatory rule. Fact of the matter is the land was stolen from them, they are just taking it back.

There are also plenty that didn't, I'm sure. 

What would your reaction be if the United States government ordered you to give up your home/land to Native Americans without compensation? 

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

White people have been stealing everyone else's lands for centuries...but suddenly, when the proverbial shoe is on the other foot now it's suddenly wrong?

I was just there a year or so ago, and you'd be shocked at how many of the whites are ok with this.  Though there are still many who are predjudiced and carry themselves as better than the natives, most are embarrassed at what was done, and at how long it was allowed to be acceptable.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

White people have been stealing everyone else's lands for centuries...but suddenly, when the proverbial shoe is on the other foot now it's suddenly wrong?

Because it's being stolen from White people it's suddenly right?

How many white people living today have "stolen" land from other people? And over time, white people didn't have the market cornered on obtaining land through invasion/war. For better or worse, that's the way the world worked back then. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There are also plenty that didn't, I'm sure. 

What would your reaction be if the United States government ordered you to give up your home/land to Native Americans without compensation? 

The irony here...

Where, I'm curious, was/is your outrage for all the people across the globe and through the centuries, who have had their lands out-right stolen from them from white men?  

Funny how it's only not right and an "outrage" when it happens to white men.  When it happens to non-whites, \_( ° ^ ° )_/

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'd do it. This land isn't mine or yours.

What would be your reaction if a white government was repossessing land stolen by a hostile group of people of color now owned by their decendents? 

Oh, yeah. 20 acres of it is mine.

This isn't about race with me, I'm largely against the government doing anything, especially taking land from lawful owners, especially without compensation!

4 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I was just there a year or so ago, and you'd be shocked at how many of the whites are ok with this.  Though there are still many who are predjudiced and carry themselves as better than the natives, most are embarrassed at what was done, and at how long it was allowed to be acceptable.

Sure. I can be embarrassed about what White people did in America, but I'm still not going to willingly give up my land. That alone doesn't make you prejudiced.

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Because it's being stolen from White people it's suddenly right?

How many white people living today have "stolen" land from other people? And over time, white people didn't have the market cornered on obtaining land through invasion/war. For better or worse, that's the way the world worked back then. 

The bolded part: If you steal something, it is NEVER yours.  It doesn't matter how long you possess it.  It.  NEVER.  Belongs. To.  You.

• Plus1 1
Just now, NM11046 said:

And if you could see the slums where people were moved so that whites could take over land you'd be disgusted.  Or at least people with souls and conscience would.  The history of aparthied is horrible.

I'm sure they're terrible, but they're still potentially (likely) taking land away from white people that had nothing to do with those decisions.

Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

The bolded part: If you steal something, it is NEVER yours.  It doesn't matter how long you possess it.  It.  NEVER.  Belongs. To.  You.

I. Didn't. Steal. It.