1. 1. Choose One:

• 2009 Iowa State
    • 2010 Texas
    • 2012 Wisconsin 2
    • 2013 UCLA
    • 2014 Wisconsin
    • Other (Explain your choice)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/29/2018 at 04:59 AM

39 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm not interested in continually defending nor berating Pelini.  His winning percentage is good, and many people (Scott Frost included) defend the job Pelini did here.

Yes you are. You do it often. Frost also said Pelini couldn't get over the hump, and I'm sure (/s) he would agree that Wisconsin scoring 70 points on us was 1 player's fault.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yes you are. You do it often. Frost also said Pelini couldn't get over the hump, and I'm sure (/s) he would agree that Wisconsin scoring 70 points on us was 1 player's fault.

I'm sure too.

He absolutely said Pelini couldn't get over the hump.  Probably the only negative thing he said about Pelini, right?  Right?

9 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm sure too.

He absolutely said Pelini couldn't get over the hump.  Probably the only negative thing he said about Pelini, right?  Right?

Do you really think that's a good argument? To state the obvious, there are different standards for what a person should/will say when they're the head football coach in front of the cameras vs a person talking about their team on an internet forum. Especially when said person was coached by the guy and has a personal relationship with him.

Right.

And last I checked, a coach who can't get a team over the hump at the University of Nebraska should probably be fired. 

So that's a pretty big negative.

I'm not saying Bo Pelini hurt the program more than Daniel Davie did --- no one who witnessed Davie's single handed betrayal of the team would ever say that -- but Bo was mysteriously bad on defense during his last four seasons.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Do you really think that's a good argument? To state the obvious, there are different standards for what a person should/will say when they're the head football coach in front of the cameras vs a person talking about their team on an internet forum. Especially when said person was coached by the guy and has a personal relationship with him.

No "argument" needed......

Especially when Frost knows "the guy" pretty well.

I'm glad the Riley era is over and Frosty is here.  You?

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

-- but Bo was mysteriously bad on defense during his last four seasons.

Honestly and seriously Guy, I couldn't agree more.

I think Pelini's coaching skills are very good.  Barrett Ruud credits Pelini for his teaching skills.  Pelini obviously did well out of the chute for YSU.

I don't think Pelini is fond of recruiting.  Ultimately, the NFL might be his place again.

• Plus1 2

Different players, different seasons, same problems.  Bo Pelini isn't a bad coach, he's just overly stubborn and couldn't recruit the talent needed to run his system.  If you can't do it,  you build a staff that can.  He refused to do that.  That's a MASSIVE him problem and one of the MANY reasons he is at fault for letting Wisconsin embarass us over and over and over.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Not true.

Pelini had among the worst defensive performances, yet among the best single season defenses.

Problems:

-Adjusting to overcome one play that continuously torches them

-Having depth to rotate in if one player is struggling

-Having healthy depth (7 effing years of saying "If only we were healthy....)

-Having necessary talent to execute scheme

You could look at any of the 7 years and point to a game or 4 where those problems absolutely crushed us.

• Plus1 2

2008- 1st year growing pains

2009- No QB, no offense (really sad since one of best defenses in history)

2010- Big 12 screwed us and and and Martinez got hurt

2011- New league growing pains, and Martinez got hurt

2012- Defense got hurt

2013- Martinez got hurt

2014- Eichorst screwed us

Sound about right?

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, TheSker said:

Well, there is that whole jet sweep thing.

What else ya got?

Yes.....the jet sweep would be the big example of him not being able to adjust or defend against a single play.  Are you confused or agreeing that it was one of his staple problems.  I'm guessing confused.

• Plus1 1