Huskers Looking to Schedule Old Big 8 Opponents?

I still find it hilarious the Big 12 did round robin to determine a champion, said "One True Champion" as their slogan, then totally botched it by having a co champion even though the teams had met head to head.  Like nobody could figure that out?  And it kept them from a National Title shot.

• Plus1 2

realistically if you just stick to scheduling home, neutral, and road games vs AAC, ACC, Big 12, SEC, Pac 12 you'll play opponents you can beat and also be beaten by essentially every game. AAC is far and away the other G5 leagues. If you want a "better" G5 game just play the AAC (poss the top half of the MWC) and call it a day. And yes, I wish we'd go back to 8. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would rather play KSU to shutup the KSU fans I know, but then it furthers the idea that KSU is a worthy opponent when they are barely better than Iowa State realistically.  Let's play Kansas, it's still a Power 5 team and their fans aren't nearly the tools that KSU fans are.

18 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Like Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Penn State, and USC?

It's like you're purposely trying to misinterpret the post.

I know they've played those teams, so unless you think I'm an idiot, it should have been obvious I wasn't saying that every team on their OOC schedule was bad, and was talking about the FCS opponent they normally schedule toward the end of the season. I want Nebraska to have 1 tough opponent and 2 weak opponents, which would be similar to what Alabama does. The point I was making which I thought was obvious, is we shouldn't create a more difficult path for ourselves than the elite teams have.

My post was right after this, which was what I was responding to:

- 1 Group of 5 game (preferably within the higher tier of G5 teams: UCF, USF, Memphis, etc)

- 2 mid-tier Power 5 games (Colorado, Kansas State, UCLA, Ole Miss, etc)

- 1 high-tier Power 5 game (Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Virginia Tech, etc)

No more FCS teams and no more lower-tier Group of 5 teams. 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I couldn't care less about playing Kansas, but I want to play Kansas State. Unless we lose.

It will be interesting to see how they do this.  I wouldn't want Kansas to be the "big" OOC game - because it wouldn't be.  But if it was a secondary game - Oklahoma, Tennessee, Oregon, etc. being the primary game - it would be handy to have another close Power 5 team to play.

I wouldn't mind playing KState but it's not a big enough game to be the "big" game - plus no recruiting location advantage - but maybe too big to be the secondary game.