Huskers Still Considered a Blue-Blood Program

I really think after a few more years of Riley’s futility we would have fallen off the map . Frost gives our fanbase, national media, the BIG etc reason to believe we will be restored to our place , competing with the rest of the” blue bloods”. Return us to the glory days . 

14 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

I really think after a few more years of Riley’s futility we would have fallen off the map . Frost gives our fanbase, national media, the BIG etc reason to believe we will be restored to our place , competing with the rest of the” blue bloods”. Return us to the glory days . 

At one time Minnesota was winning NCs -  The Golden Gophers claim seven national championships: 1904, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, and 1960. ) - they may have been considered a blue blood back in the day - so yes if we had continued down this path we were on, we may have become another has been.  We still have a ways to go to actually live like a blue blood but Frost will get us there.

• Plus1 1

I think if you really look at the teams listed below us, it is hard to justify them being better.  Penn State is a blue blood without question.  I might agree on FSU only because of their recent success.  Nebraska has maintained a level for so long it is hard to drop them from that category.  I really don't think Coach Frost  has any bearing on it.  But certainly hope he will in the future.  This is one time I think the history of the program is weighed.  

18 hours ago, TGHusker said:

At one time Minnesota was winning NCs -  The Golden Gophers claim seven national championships: 1904, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, and 1960. ) - they may have been considered a blue blood back in the day - so yes if we had continued down this path we were on, we may have become another has been.  We still have a ways to go to actually live like a blue blood but Frost will get us there.

The only reason Minnesota dropped off is because they accepted their fate. As long as Nebraska is willing to pay for a great coach and pour money into the program they will always have a shot of getting back. If you accept failure you will fail. If you dont accept failure you will eventually find a way back. We are paying big bucks for a big time coach and pay for top notch facilities. Its a matter of when not if. 

• Plus1 3