Odds to Win the B1G

Just now, Mavric said:

Close.  Those lines assume you are betting $100.  So a $100 bet on Nebraska would win $3,300 or $4,000.  But you'd have to bet $110 on Ohio State to win $100 now.

Okay...gawd...I wish I had 100 bucks to spare/throw away.  I know the odds are long, but damn...a 3,300 to 4,000 payout on a 100 spot?  That's one helluva return if it comes through.

5 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I have another question for @Mavric or anyone else really...

If you bet 100 on Nebraska winning the BIG with the odds set at +3300, if the line changes, does your bet change to, or are the odds locked in at the day/time you placed your bet?

How would I, speaking hypothetically of course, place such a bet?

Yes locked at the time of bet.

There are many websites that allow this type of thing. 

• Plus1 1

On 7/8/2018 at 11:49 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

If you bet 100 on Nebraska winning the BIG with the odds set at +3300, if the line changes, does your bet change to, or are the odds locked in at the day/time you placed your bet?

Hypothetically speaking ... I will be the house and take your bet ... just message me ... hypothetically speaking of course.

• Plus1 1

One thing I did notice is that it seems many commentators and prognosticators don't seem to taking into account the schedules of our opponents in the three weeks PRIOR to our game with each.   Many of them have some tough schedules themselves which can easily destroy a given team's morale, confidence, injuries, etc.   There are some opportunities for several of the teams forecast to beat NU to fall flat before we play them.   

We have chances against teams that will come off losses etc. as well.   

• Plus1 2
On 7/8/2018 at 9:49 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

The odds are locked in when you place your bet.

Ive never personally seen a sports book offering odds on winning the B1G (but I’m sure some probably do). Viva Las Vegas or find an online place that gets a little crazy.

edit- actually those odds are by Westgate Las Vegas Super Book. So, that is one place you could place that bet.

On 7/12/2018 at 5:23 AM, BigRedN said:

Hypothetically speaking ... I will be the house and take your bet ... just message me ... hypothetically speaking of course.

So you're telling me if I were to take this bet, you'd have the $3,300-4,000 grand to pay out if I win?  

And for the record, if a scenario were to happen where NU ended up sharing a Big 10 title...it would be the same as winning it.

But no offense, if I decide to make such a bet, I would make it with a legit operation.

^^^

The answer to the first line question is yes ... hypothetically speaking of course.  :-)

No offense at all ... I would do the same.

I'm curious how many of those who think we win the National Championship next year will bet on it.  That's another one that puzzles me.

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

So you're telling me if I were to take this bet, you'd have the $3,300-4,000 grand to pay out if I win?  

And for the record, if a scenario were to happen where NU ended up sharing a Big 10 title...it would be the same as winning it.

But no offense, if I decide to make such a bet, I would make it with a legit operation.

A shared Big Ten title seems like a difficult situation to me when there is a championship game unless I'm completely brainfarting on a scenario.  40/1 is still too low for Nebraska this year...you give me 75/1...ehhh I might start to consider it.

10 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

^^^

The answer to the first line question is yes ... hypothetically speaking of course.  :-)

No offense at all ... I would do the same.

I'm curious how many of those who think we win the National Championship next year will bet on it.  That's another one that puzzles me.

All comes down to the odds, if you gave me +10000 again next year which is what NU was listed at on Bovada I could find it in my heart to take a swing at it.

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

A shared Big Ten title seems like a difficult situation to me when there is a championship game unless I'm completely brainfarting on a scenario.  40/1 is still too low for Nebraska this year...you give me 75/1...ehhh I might start to consider it.

The mother of all blizzards hitting Indy is the only reasonable situation I can think of, barring a horrific 9/11 scenario.  Or both teams agree to quit following the 16th overtime

• Plus1 1