2018 NBA Finals - Warriors vs. Cavs

2018 NBA Finals  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

He took 1.5 seasons off, and was 35 in the last season of the 2nd 3-peat. I just think a month worth of hearing it is overkill. I hardly even follow basketball and I've seen multiple headlines about it. It's not like James is in his 40s.

1.5 years is still alot of time to recharge. I agree its a tired narrative when Lebron played as he has all post season and last night. Fatigue isn't an issue. 

I am on Ty Lue and LeBron's side on that foul call at the end of the game. As an official, it is your job to make the call and Kenny Mauer who was closest to the play called it an Off. Foul. While the other guy 30 or so feet away calls block. It just doesn't make sense because I have NEVER seen them review a foul call, the review was whether he was in the restricted area or not. Also, if the league wants this thing going to 7 Cavs needed to win the game yesterday. It probably gets to six at best now and that is counting the Cavs to win two at home. If they play as well as they did yesterday at home its a win.

Fun fact: Cavs still have not defeated the Warriors this season. 

27 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I am on Ty Lue and LeBron's side on that foul call at the end of the game. As an official, it is your job to make the call and Kenny Mauer who was closest to the play called it an Off. Foul. While the other guy 30 or so feet away calls block. It just doesn't make sense because I have NEVER seen them review a foul call, the review was whether he was in the restricted area or not. Also, if the league wants this thing going to 7 Cavs needed to win the game yesterday. It probably gets to six at best now and that is counting the Cavs to win two at home. If they play as well as they did yesterday at home its a win.

It’s sad the official that was 30 feet away got the call right while the official with the better view and was closer got it wrong. 

I have no problem reviewing rules during a certain time frame of the game as long as they get the call right and in this case they got the call right. LeBrons feet were not planted and he was still moving, in fact he was leaning toward his left in hopes of drawing the charge. 

2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I didn't really follow what all the story was on why they reviewed it.  I had just walked in the door during the review.  But I don't think they should have reviewed it as I don't know that's something that's review-able.

That being said, it seemed pretty obvious to me that it was a block.  In super-slo-mo it almost looks like he was able to get there but I don't it looks that close at real-time speed.  If it was anyone other than LeBron - and the review - I don't think anyone would have thought twice.

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The sad thing for JR Smith is everyone's paying attention to his mistake but Hill should've just done his job by making the free throw.

Yea Hill should have made it. The reality is he did not. Anyone else in the arena knew the game was tied and JR just choked or did what he usually does haha. 

The other funny thing is Draymond apparently went early before the free throw and yet the Cavs still got the O board. Next time JR probably won't be in toward the end of regulation.