** 2018 Opponent Previews: Michigan (Game 4) **

7 minutes ago, Michiganball said:

Kapernick? The guy who folded right after Harbaugh left? Kaepernick was the sole  reason a team goes to THE Superbowl and multiple division championships in the NFL?

There is no coaching involved, it just happens automatically? And Harbaugh just accidentally floated through coincidentally great years at San Diego, Stanford, San Francisco and Michigan? Well thats some incredible fortune for a non talented coach, he should have been a gambler in Vegas wit that sort of blessing. He's 4-5 vs ranked teams, not great not terrible, ranked home teams should win at home, so not sure why he is expected to win everywhere he's first three seasons. I cant complain like you, am fairly content with 2 10W seasons in 3. You dont have to like him, but you are being a bit unreasonable here.

It's ok man, I know you like your team. I like mine too. I'm just telling you what I see from the outside. Harbaugh is a pretty average coach, not this almighty savant he was billed to be. It's going to suck when you guys want to fire the "Michigan Man" if he can't win big games down the road. Trust us, 10 wins a year with a boorish coach and without any conference hardware or sign of an uptick gets old after a while. 

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Michiganball said:

Kapernick? The guy who folded right after Harbaugh left? Kaepernick was the sole  reason a team goes to THE Superbowl and multiple division championships in the NFL?

There is no coaching involved, it just happens automatically? And Harbaugh just accidentally floated through coincidentally great years at San Diego, Stanford, San Francisco and Michigan? Well thats some incredible fortune for a non talented coach, he should have been a gambler in Vegas wit that sort of blessing. He's 4-5 vs ranked teams, not great not terrible, ranked home teams should win at home, so not sure why he is expected to win everywhere he's first three seasons. I cant complain like you, am fairly content with 2 10W seasons in 3. You dont have to like him, but you are being a bit unreasonable here.

He is a good coach but he needs to figure out how to beat Ohio State, and Michigan State or he will be looking for a job in the next 2 years imo.    

I was just going to say that same thing, Hilltop. It's possible that Harbaugh's biggest hurdle is the constant and seemingly unstoppable recruiting boon that Ohio State has and will probably have for the foreseeable future. Ohio State has won the last six head-to-head games, and somehow I just don't see that trend changing any time soon.

I'm interested in seeing how Michigan plays against both Penn State and Wisconsin this season.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Undone said:

I was just going to say that same thing, Hilltop. It's possible that Harbaugh's biggest hurdle is the constant and seemingly unstoppable recruiting boon that Ohio State has and will probably have for the foreseeable future. Ohio State has won the last six head-to-head games, and somehow I just don't see that trend changing any time soon.

I'm interested in seeing how Michigan plays against both Penn State and Wisconsin this season.

Michigan and Penn State are in the best position as far as recruiting to be able to beat OSU. If they can’t do it, it’s likely no one can unless they can outcoach Meyer by quite a bit. 

He has beat MSU but I agree he needs to have a winning record against them. Though it is much more difficult then it used to be, in the past MSU at best could have hoped for a Rose bowl once a decade if that. Now they are a much more difficult opponent to keep a 3-1 win ration against. And OSU, honestly if he cant beat them, doubt some other guy would, for recruits it's an en vogue place to go atm, as it is the place where "We Ain't Come To Play SCHOOL"  (had to throw that in :D). So until the tap dries a bit it's a monumental task. Having said that, he does need to win some at home against them, that would do for any powers that be.

For me any 10 plus season is good with a bowl win as a cherry on top, but I'm not sure this is going to be the year unless they open up that pass offense and give the qb time to throw.

Speaking of, something I didn't mention in my small game analysis with Huskers is that Husker D could give UM's pass game a really hard time if UM goes in with the same plan as they did the last game. that aggressive D could have a good day Saturday.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's ok man, I know you like your team. I like mine too. I'm just telling you what I see from the outside. Harbaugh is a pretty average coach, not this almighty savant he was billed to be. It's going to suck when you guys want to fire the "Michigan Man" if he can't win big games down the road. Trust us, 10 wins a year with a boorish coach and without any conference hardware or sign of an uptick gets old after a while. 

It's not a matter of me liking the team, as I could dislike a coach. But it's just simple fact, unless Harbaugh has broken the laws of probabilities he is just that a good coach. You simply cant have a record like this being average, you cant win multiple NFL divisional championships and get to a Superbowl by coasting. Because hardly any coach will ever get there, never mind more then once in a lifetime, that is elite.

Not to repeat myself, but on top of that do well with 3 different college teams. So Sticking to the point of my original response of Harbaugh being a good coach, I cant see how anything posted above along with the accolades he received is average as average is considerably lower having none of those achievements and sharing no similarity. The rest is a whole other topic and holds little interest atm as it is pure speculation..

2 hours ago, Michiganball said:

It's not a matter of me liking the team, as I could dislike a coach. But it's just simple fact, unless Harbaugh has broken the laws of probabilities he is just that a good coach. You simply cant have a record like this being average, you cant win multiple NFL divisional championships and get to a Superbowl by coasting. Because hardly any coach will ever get there, never mind more then once in a lifetime, that is elite.

Not to repeat myself, but on top of that do well with 3 different college teams. So Sticking to the point of my original response of Harbaugh being a good coach, I cant see how anything posted above along with the accolades he received is average as average is considerably lower having none of those achievements and sharing no similarity. The rest is a whole other topic and holds little interest atm as it is pure speculation..

I disagree.