Husker Coaches to Tour State

1 hour ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Around the time "we" were working feverishly behind the scenes to get him here, there was a report that Gators wouldn't allow him the staff he had currently because FLA didn't think they could recruit SEC caliber players to play there.  (Which, now in hindsight is hilarious since his AAC caliber players beat a team of SEC caliber players)

I remember that rumor too, and it's weird since they had been recruiting Florida, some of them for much longer than since Frost's arrival.

7 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Because talking s#!t when you haven't proved you can back it up makes you look like a fool

So does complaining about an AD on a state wide tour trying to fire up the locals. Lighten up.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

You'd have to ask TO or the Florida AD.

Oh sure...I got 'em speed dial...:lol:

I guess I really don't have that hard of a time believing an AD (or a school's boosters or combo of the two) would try and dictate who a coach hires--some CEOs are just micro-managers. 

And kudos to Coach Frost for (I believe) standing his ground and saying this is what I want.  If your school won't give me what I am asking for, I'll keep searching until I find one who does.   

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Oh sure...I got 'em speed dial...:lol:

I guess I really don't have that hard of a time believing an AD (or a school's boosters or combo of the two) would try and dictate who a coach hires--some CEOs are just micro-managers. 

And kudos to Coach Frost for (I believe) standing his ground and saying this is what I want.  If your school won't give me what I am asking for, I'll keep searching until I find one who does.   

Then I think you answered your own question.

10 hours ago, Ziebol the Red said:

So does complaining about an AD on a state wide tour trying to fire up the locals. Lighten up.

It's not a complaint.  It's an opinion of a guy that has diarrhea of the mouth.

I am allowed to have dissenting opinions about what happens with the program, right?  Or do I have to pretend that I love every single aspect of what the program and the university is doing?

38 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's not a complaint.  It's an opinion of a guy that has diarrhea of the mouth.

I am allowed to have dissenting opinions about what happens with the program, right?  Or do I have to pretend that I love every single aspect of what the program and the university is doing?

I'm actually with you on this. While I feel that most of it is said tongue in cheek and just to pump up the fan base, I think it feels a tad unnecessary. I would prefer all aspects of the program keep their noses down and keep getting after their work.

Just now, Enhance said:

I'm actually with you on this. While I feel that most of it is said tongue in cheek and just to pump up the fan base, I think it feels a tad unnecessary. I would prefer all aspects of the program keep their noses down and keep getting after their work.

If that is what a fan needs to get pumped up, I can't imagine they were much of a fan in the first place.