Is this racial bias?

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

It might not have been discrimination at all, but why would it be surprising that a white parent of a biracial baby is discriminated against? It was illegal, what, 60 years ago? There are still going to be people out there who think it's wrong.

I see no indication with the information we have that this woman or child were discriminated against.

Are we forgetting that this is an airline?  One of the hardest jobs in the world to avoid profiling customers at the same time they HAVE to profile customers.  Feelings got hurt, it reads and sounds racist/discriminatory when worded a certain way.  But maybe it's just the idiot in me, but my takeaway is this:

Someone was looking out for a childs safety.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I see no indication with the information we have that this woman or child were discriminated against.

There isn't enough information to show that they were. I'm just saying that her being White is irrelevant here because there are people who don't like other people who are with someone not of their race.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Redux said:

It sounds bad sure.  But you know what headline is worse?

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES TURN BLIND EYE TO CHILD ABDUCTION

It is interesting to try to think of it the opposite way. Woman kidnaps child and is allowed through airport security even though the child doesn't look a lot like her (subjective). But woman had the child's birth certificate with her name on it and a passport, therefore what further should the airline have done? I'm not sure checking Facebook profiles is the answer to that question. Seeing photos of both parents might not be either, since both aren't always involved.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

It is interesting to try to think of it the opposite way. Woman kidnaps child and is allowed through airport security even though the child doesn't look a lot like her (subjective). But woman had the child's birth certificate with her name on it and a passport, therefore what further should the airline have done? I'm not sure checking Facebook profiles is the answer to that question. Seeing photos of both parents might not be either, since both aren't always involved.

Then you would be looking at federal guidelines being implemented.