Vaha Vainuku

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

Not to be missed is the progress the Cornhuskers are now making in forging a connection with Polynesian athletes.

I’m not clear on which side of the ball he will play for the Cornhuskers. Perhaps he can be our Merlin Olsen. :)

This is what I consider

I would love if we could tap in to the Polynesian market. I know we have tried in the past but hopefully we can get a few kids here to make it more comfortable. 

5 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

One of these guys threw the shot 50' 3.25" and won his high school state meet.  The other threw the shot 58' 9.5" at his state meet, winning the gold medal (all classes).  Care to guess who threw the iron ball further?   LULZ  :) 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It seems to me that this is a project that everybody hopes ends up contributing, but let's not count on him being a major contributor till it happens.

Yup

He has played in 2 games (as a reserve) since he played as a senior in HS in 2011.  It would be a great story if he can become a meaningful contributor, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim imo.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NUance said:

One of these guys threw the shot 50' 3.25" and won his high school state meet.  The other threw the shot 58' 9.5" at his state meet, winning the gold medal (all classes).  Care to guess who threw the iron ball further?   LULZ  :) 

To be fair, Frost's arms still look bigger.... even at age 40.

Dude is strong af, and can move.  The only issue I see is medical issues.  I believe that’s what limited his playing time, and if Frost offered him, I suspect it’s not an issue anymore.  (And if it is (medical), I think there are rules that allow the scholarship not to count against the limit).

Forgot to add.  He went on a mission after high school.  That’s  two years not playing football, lifting, etc., and then coming in and competing in college ball.  It’s not far to judge his lack of serious playing time without noting the potential impact this had on his development.  

1 hour ago, Dagerow said:

Dude is strong af, and can move.  The only issue I see is medical issues.  I believe that’s what limited his playing time, and if Frost offered him, I suspect it’s not an issue anymore.  (And if it is (medical), I think there are rules that allow the scholarship not to count against the limit).

Forgot to add.  He went on a mission after high school.  That’s  two years not playing football, lifting, etc., and then coming in and competing in college ball.  It’s not far to judge his lack of serious playing time without noting the potential impact this had on his development.  

I don't have any knowledge or experience with this, but is it crazy to think guys stay in the weight room etc. when on their mission? I mean, it's not a coordinated program obviously, but I'd guess they find a way to stay in solid shape otherwise there would be no point to lock these guys in for a scholly if they are going to melt for 2 years?