We're Number 2

In the number of fans ejected. Surprising, since the play was so bad people should have been leaving voluntarily. :ahhhhhhhh

Seriously though, how can this be? We have to be number one in blue hairs. Are many of those ejected from the opposition?

Edit - Wiscy is #1, and I expect that lead to be bigger next year when we give them an old fashioned beat down.

Fan Ejections

• Plus1 1

When Gill was coach of KU or whatever and came back to Lincoln,  my brothers  and I got the security called on us. 

Was literally the MOST BORING football game I’ve ever been to in my life. 

We were up yelling and getting things going and the crowd was just on their hands. 

I think the most dangerous thing we (I) said was “let’s go balls deep!!”

we didn't get removed but we were told to keep it down. 

We didnt keep it down. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

Have gone to games for 15 years or whatever.  Nebraska on Nebraska fan security calls are way too common.  Last year I literally watched a 25 year old, not drunk, not causing any issue have the security called on him because he stood during a play and an #@$hole said he couldn’t see the screen.  The bleeping screen and you called security to have him REMOVED FROM THE GAME.  They didn’t remove him but it had to be embarrassing, and it was completely uncalled for.  For reference he was directly in front of me and I had no issues.  I walked down and told him he could stand whenever he wanted, he wasn’t bothering the people directly behind him.  I have watched my brother get called on because he was being to loud.  To loud.....in a football stadium, this is not yelling curse words, yelling at specific people, just being a fan.  The Husker game experience as great as it can be, also can really suck.  There are some people who think that buying a seat means they get to watch the game exactly as they would on the couch, or just so they can say they went and probably only stay the first half.  I propose they make one section on north stadium standing room only, then you can just walk over there if you want to stand.

Harassed by security for standing, or being to loud ? Is this football or tennis ?

• Plus1 6

I can honestly say the only people I've ever seen security hassle at a Nebraska game, or in any stadium for that matter, we're being drunken d******ds. Of course I haven't been to a game in Lincoln for a few years so maybe they do now overreact, but I sort of doubt it. Being too loud......standing.... c'mon, nobody is getting booted for just that.

• Plus1 1

It says why. The numbers are trash.

For example, Maryland only has 3 arrests, Why? Because Maryland only tracks arrests directly related to Alcohol where some of the rest track ALL arrests. Maryland could have had half the stadium arrested during a game and none of them would show up on this list unless they were drunk.

Some of the schools numbers on there are for the entire campus on gameday, others ONLY show data for inside the stadium... that's a massive disparity.

As for Nebraska's number specifically, it says that reason too.  The other schools differentiate between someone being ejected and someone simply being rejected (often temporarily) from entry. Nebraska's number does not seperate those figures.

In Nebraska's number if you walked up to the stadium drinking from a glass bottle and they had to have you go throw it away before you then went inside it counts as an ejection, at the other schools on this list it would not.

The numbers mean nothing because they don't tell the same information. Essentially the entire list is completely worthless and is junk journalism.

• Plus1 5
7 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I can honestly say the only people I've ever seen security hassle at a Nebraska game, or in any stadium for that matter, we're being drunken d******ds. Of course I haven't been to a game in Lincoln for a few years so maybe they do now overreact, but I sort of doubt it. Being too loud......standing.... c'mon, nobody is getting booted for just that.

Yes, yes they are

• Plus1 1

I appreciate the loyalty and what not that the blue-hairs have provided for the program, but it is absolutely unreal that they get pissed about people standing. I remember during the 2011 Ohio State game, third quarter and we're finally starting the comeback, when some old fart got pissed at our family for standing up when the action was going on in the north end zone. Here's the kicker, the row behind us, where the man was sitting, started after the walkway, meaning there was a solid 7-8 feet between us and he was way more elevated than normal. He had a poor 16 year old usher come and tell us to sit down and, while you feel like a dick at the time telling the usher no, I'm not driving all the way from Dallas to park my butt on a bench.

• Plus1 1

I'm guessing Spartylisting "N/A" for arrestsis probly number two in ejections.  Maybe even number 1.  Sparty's arrest percentage is much higher than ours.  It's even higher than Wisconsin's arrest rate.    

1 hour ago, NUance said:

I'm guessing Spartylisting "N/A" for arrestsis probly number two in ejections.  Maybe even number 1.  Sparty's arrest percentage is much higher than ours.  It's even higher than Wisconsin's arrest rate.    

They are really good at covering up unbecoming matters, aren't they?

• Plus1 4

One solution to get more people standing and maybe let the whiners know they're in the minority is to put more students in front. Maybe put them in the first 10 rows of one sideline.

I know it'll never happen but I think it would help the atmosphere and noise levels.

• Plus1 2