Would we really be better off under President Clinton?

25 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Nope he also conned many working class/poor people that he was going to help them too. He was gonna get all the jobs back that went overseas (he didn't and won't) "Good" coal mining black lung death for everyone. Steel mill jobs for half of what they used to pay (when they were Union), with no benefits. And most of all keep the illegal Mexicans from taking all those "good" jobs.

He sold magic beans to the masses about what he was going to do, but he had no intention or ability to do what he said. He also greatly exaggerated the importance of many of the things i listed, when in reality, they have little or no effect on the average persons life. 

He sold a lie about draining the swamp too, and getting money out of politics. He did the exact opposite when he took office.

Selling magic beans has won many.....maybe most.....elections.

• Plus1 3

Here’s the tldr for anyone smart enough to not waste away their brain cells reading the same points being made over and over again.

1- Trump is not a good president and is quite likely the devil incarnate.

2- Apparently anyone who voted for anyone other than Hillary is guilty of treason.

3- Some people do not and will not respect your right to vote for whom you see fit. They don’t want you to vote your conscience, they want you to vote a certain way no matter how pathetic any particular candidate is. It’s each individuals (that didn’t vote for Hillary) fault that our system is broken and the only candidates we get to choose from are deplorable human beings..

4- If you voted for Hillary, whether you were in a state that the EC elected Trump or an inconsequential state that elected Hillary, then you are a responsible citizen and you get to blame everyone else.

Things I learned in this thread....

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Here’s the tldr for anyone smart enough to not waste away their brain cells reading the same points being made over and over again.

1- Trump is not a good president and is quite likely the devil incarnate.

2- Apparently anyone who voted for anyone other than Hillary is guilty of treason.

3- Some people do not and will not respect your right to vote for whom you see fit. They don’t want you to vote your conscience, they want you to vote a certain way no matter how pathetic any particular candidate is. It’s each individuals (that didn’t vote for Hillary) fault that our system is broken and the only candidates we get to choose from are deplorable human beings..

4- If you voted for Hillary, whether you were in a state that the EC elected Trump or an inconsequential state that elected Hillary, then you are a responsible citizen and you get to blame everyone else.

Things I learned in this thread....

I mean if you don't think Trump is the worst president in our lifetime and literally anyone would be better thats your perogative. But most would agree with that statement and the only other viable option was.........wait............you guessed it, Hillary Clinton. But I honestly don't blame anyone who didn't vote for Hillary. I blame gerrymandering and Vladimir Putin. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I mean if you don't think Trump is the worst president in our lifetime and literally anyone would be better thats your perogative. But most would agree with that statement and the only other viable option was.........wait............you guessed it, Hillary Clinton. But I honestly don't blame anyone who didn't vote for Hillary. I blame gerrymandering and Vladimir Putin. 

I pretty much do believe that Trump is the worst President in my lifetime, maybe ever. I Didn't vote for him and still would never vote for Clinton. I don't believe it is the individual voters responsibility to do all the math and calculating and then cast their vote based solely on preventing the worst President ever. Our job as voters is to vote for somebody we would like to see in the office, or at the very least for somebody we can accept being in that office. I'm sorry but it's not my or anybody's fault the candidates were all POS's this last time. I refuse to be blackmailed or coerced into voting a certain way. The fact is that collectively we the people elected Trump. It doesn't matter if a person voted for Hillary or Johnson or Trump, the result is that Trump won and WE are ALL responsible. Every man, woman and child in Colorado could've voted for Hillary and it would not change that reality. A handful of votes for Hillary from Nebraska also couldn't change that reality. So I'd appreciate it if that wrong and stupid narrative died the death it deserves. The holier than thou attitude is wearing extremely thin for me. 

This may not be intended directly for you but it is what prompted both of my comments.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I pretty much do believe that Trump is the worst President in my lifetime, maybe ever. I Didn't vote for him and still would never vote for Clinton. I don't believe it is the individual voters responsibility to do all the math and calculating and then cast their vote based solely on preventing the worst President ever. Our job as voters is to vote for somebody we would like to see in the office, or at the very least for somebody we can accept being in that office. I'm sorry but it's not my or anybody's fault the candidates were all POS's this last time. I refuse to be blackmailed or coerced into voting a certain way. The fact is that collectively we the people elected Trump. It doesn't matter if a person voted for Hillary or Johnson or Trump, the result is that Trump won and WE are ALL responsible. Every man, woman and child in Colorado could've voted for Hillary and it would not change that reality. A handful of votes for Hillary from Nebraska also couldn't change that reality. So I'd appreciate it if that wrong and stupid narrative died the death it deserves. The holier than thou attitude is wearing extremely thin for me. 

This may not be intended directly for you but it is what prompted both of my comments.

The bold is awesome. 

On the one hand, it's all "don't tread on me, freedom of thought, my rights, etc."

On the other, it's "if you don't express the same opinion as me, stop talking, because it's making me upset."

Doesn't exactly work that way. 

• Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The bold is awesome. 

On the one hand, it's all "don't tread on me, freedom of thought, my rights, etc."

On the other, it's "if you don't express the same opinion as me, stop talking, because it's making me upset."

Doesn't exactly work that way. 

So, what you're now saying is that you regret being all up in everyone's grill who doesn't share your opinion that the only responsible vote was a vote for Hillary? And you acknowledge that your vote for Hillary was functionally no different than my lack of a vote for her.....we're both on the same footing as responsible citizens?

1 minute ago, Comfortably Numb said:

So, what you're now saying is that you regret being all up in everyone's grill who doesn't share your opinion that the only responsible vote was a vote for Hillary? And you acknowledge that your vote for Hillary was functionally no different than my lack of a vote for her.....we're both on the same footing as responsible citizens?

Hah! No, not at all.  I regret that enough people voted the way they voted so that Trump is in the White House.  And I'll continue to express that opinion no matter how many jimmies are rustled by it.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Hah! No, not at all.  I regret that enough people voted the way they voted so that Trump is in the White House.  And I'll continue to express that opinion no matter how many jimmies are rustled by it.

I appreciate the concern but please don't be concerned about my or anyone's Jimmie's. I'm okay. I'm just a little worried that you seem to think your vote went towards serving some greater purpose than some others. To review, Nebraska EC votes went to Trump. Colorado EC votes went to Hillary and towards preventing Trump. Yet somehow your vote for Hillary is more responsible than my lack of voting for her? I'm confused I guess. I can see holding someone accountable for their Trump vote, even if it really serves no purpose at this point but I cannot see trying to expand that blame game to everyone who didn't vote exactly like you did.

• Plus1 2

So the only responsible voters were voters who voted for Hillary because it was a vote against Trump?  Two things:

1) This system is a joke

2) Total bologna 

You can thump your chest about your Hillaty vote all you want and claim it makes you a patriot.  It doesn't change the fact that your statement is simply an excuse as to why the candidate you say you don't like didn't  win.

15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The Donald Trump we knew in November of 2016 was a horrible human being, the distillation of everything ugly about America, packaged and sold to our worst instincts.

Given the chance to lead America as our President, he has been even worse. It's hard to imagine someone making more childish, vengeful, and narcissistic choices. Many of them could hurt America for generations, assuming we ever crawl out of this hole. 

As bad as Trump was, his closest GOP challengers -- Ted Cruz and Ben Carson -- were equally horrible in their own way. All three would have been bottom-of-the-barrel candidates in any previous Republican election.

There's a lesson to be learned from Hillary Clinton losing to this s#!tshow of partisan rancor, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Rubio was 3rd in line behind Cruz wt Kasich 4th.  Carson was far down the line.   Rubio and Kasich would have been much more acceptable than Cruz or Trump.  But the Republican

party voter base (and those independents/dems who gave Trump his momentum in the early open/crossover  primaries) was of the mindset to choose a fully anti-Obama person.

We also can look at this from another angle-  if the Dem Party hadn't greased the skids for Hillary and made it almost impossible for anyone else to be nominated, we may have a different

president now.  Bernie, the Maryland Gov (forgot his name) or Jim Webb - who I would have voted for if it came down to Trump vs Webb.  But really, Bernie could have won vs Trump.

So we have to look at the whole picture - not only were the repubs on some kind of acid trip in nominating Trump, the Dems were hell bent on nominating and electing the first woman and that it was Hillary's birthright to be that first female.  Both sides formed a perfect storm that provided the combined worse 2 candidates ever and the storm spun out Trump and he has been a tornado ever since.

Republican Delegates

1,237 to win nomination

Donald J. Trump

Earned

Unpledged

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Democratic Delegates

2,383 to win nomination

Hillary Clinton

Earned