Joker Movie in the Works

On 6/9/2018 at 8:34 PM, teachercd said:

Leto is great...the problem is he is not popcorn great.  Think Will Smith...

Leto will bore people, I think, as the joker...but not because of him and more because of us.  He won't fit what we think the Joker is...

I just thought his take on the character was stupid.  Silver hip-hop teeth with gold chains and tattoos?  Dumb.

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I just thought his take on the character was stupid.  Silver hip-hop teeth with gold chains and tattoos?  Dumb.

I think that is exactly it...he is a really good actor but he just probably doesn't fit what most of us think the Joker is...

I just think he might be the wrong guy for the right part.  Or maybe the right guy for the wrong part.

The Martin Scorsese/Todd Phillips/Joaquin Phoenix Joker film might just be crazy enough to work. 

Jared Leto's joker did nothing for me. 

Personally, I think it's a tragedy that Willem Dafoe has never been the Joker. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, Fru said:

The Martin Scorsese/Todd Phillips/Joaquin Phoenix Joker film might just be crazy enough to work. 

Jared Leto's joker did nothing for me. 

Personally, I think it's a tragedy that Willem Dafoe has never been the Joker. 

Always thought Dafoe should have gotten the nod over Nicholson. He's short but otherwise a perfect Joker. 

The Scorsese-produced Joker intrigues.  I like that it's proposed as being part of a larger brand of DC flicks that doesn't  focus on being set in the same universe/continuity and instead focuses on just having quality talent telling good stories. 

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, The Dude said:

I had forgotten about this until I saw a thing on the internet.

Joaquin Phoenix could be great in that role.  Great actor, knows how to play a villain, oddly misshapen mouth.

His mouth is "off" from having a cleft pallet that was repaired when he was young. Hell of an actor, looking forward to the movie. Looks like they're shooting for release Fall of '19.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:19 PM, Landlord said:

Warner Bros can't stop making terrible DC film property decisions. It's a shame.

1 hour ago, Fru said:

269.gif

At this point, lay DC comic fans would make better decisions than these a**hats. 

• Plus1 1
  • 6 months later...

• 2 months later...