Guatemala

Who should be who we are, the one you call when you're in need. We have the ability and the resources to do the right thing.

To be more specific; we should be sending aid, rescue teams, doctor's, and scientist to help them.

• Plus1 3

We should've done that with Puerto Rico, too.

Thousands of people died. Many still don't have reliable electricity or clean drinking water. 

Instead Ryan Zinke tried to make his buddies rich by giving them a sweetheart government contract to restore electricity, which they failed to do, & we've mostly ignored the situation.

They are Americans too.

Also, yes, aid Guatemala. A bit unrealistic with a president who views foreign aid only as a giveaway to be ended on the ledger sheet.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

We should've done that with Puerto Rico, too.

Thousands of people died. Many still don't have reliable electricity or clean drinking water. 

Instead Ryan Zinke tried to make his buddies rich by giving them a sweetheart government contract to restore electricity, which they failed to do, & we've mostly ignored the situation.

They are Americans too.

Also, yes, aid Guatemala. A bit unrealistic with a president who views foreign aid only as a giveaway to be ended on the ledger sheet.

Well, using Puerto Rico as an example, I have very little confidence that we will be of much help to these people.

I think the logical step would be to wait for these people to travel to our southern border seeking help/food/shelter and then separate them from the surviving members of their families until we can send them back to solve their own problems.  I mean, we have bigger things to worry about, like NFL players kneeling and the DOW.....

:sarcasm

• Plus1 2

This is the nation building we should be doing. Going in and rebuilding these towns with new efficient materials and resources. New schools and public buildings. Reconfiguring power grides with renewable energy. Giving confort and aid. Imagine if we did that instead of bombing countries and then wondering why they are so screwed up that they can't fix themselves.

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This is the nation building we should be doing. Going in and rebuilding these towns with new efficient materials and resources. New schools and public buildings. Reconfiguring power grides with renewable energy. Giving confort and aid. Imagine if we did that instead of bombing countries and then wondering why they are so screwed up that they can't fix themselves.

I like your idea better than mine :thumbs