Someone Hired Shawn Eichorst

Please move this if the time has passed and it needs to go to a different thread.  I was shocked that a major program would let this guy near it, even more so when I saw that in his role he will be working closely with coaches.   Perhaps he could work in a back closet reviewing contracts and purchase orders.  

https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-ad-chris-del-conte-hires-former-nebraska-ad-shawn-eichorst-tcus-drew-martin/

• Plus1 2

It's pretty ambiguous what his actual role will be, but I think he might actually do pretty good in it based off my assumption on the crazy long job title. He's a very good lawyer, and most of the best things he did while here were related to keeping things scandal free and running well for student athletes and administrative functions. An administrative role like that, and one far away from coaching decisions and actual on field performance will probably serve him and Texas well. 

• Plus1 2

20 hours ago, Landlord said:

It's pretty ambiguous what his actual role will be, but I think he might actually do pretty good in it based off my assumption on the crazy long job title. He's a very good lawyer, and most of the best things he did while here were related to keeping things scandal free and running well for student athletes and administrative functions. An administrative role like that, and one far away from coaching decisions and actual on field performance will probably serve him and Texas well. 

Plus, he's not the head honcho - he'll have someone keeping him in check.  Maybe he can learn how to be an AD under someone with good credentials, and not just go insanely rogue.  Best of all, i think this lessens the amount we owe him, so kudos for us, too.

Don't forget he was brought up under Barry Alvarez.  That dude micromanages the football program.  That's pretty well known.  In Wisconsin's case, it has worked out and it pretty much why any coach that has been hired there has succeeded after Alvarez took over, but he was a football coach before he was an AD. And a player before he was a coach.

SE wasn't either of them, yet he attempted (presumably) too make coaching decisions with MR, and created a hostile environment for BP.

Don't know enough about the situation he had in Miami, but I'd assume they're success since he left is because they've upgraded.

• Plus1 1