Someone Hired Shawn Eichorst

3 hours ago, huskerinacaveman said:

Don't forget he was brought up under Barry Alvarez.  That dude micromanages the football program.  That's pretty well known.  In Wisconsin's case, it has worked out and it pretty much why any coach that has been hired there has succeeded after Alvarez took over, but he was a football coach before he was an AD. And a player before he was a coach.

SE wasn't either of them, yet he attempted (presumably) too make coaching decisions with MR, and created a hostile environment for BP.

Don't know enough about the situation he had in Miami, but I'd assume they're success since he left is because they've upgraded.

Yes, Alvarez has his fingerprints all over that program and that's a big reason why they keep winning while coaches move-on to do bupkus. Eichorst, a lawyer, thinking he could do the same as Alvarez was unmitigated hubris. What's especially sad is he managed to screw Riley harder than he did Bo while actually trying to be helpful.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, huskerinacaveman said:

In Wisconsin's case, it has worked out and it pretty much why any coach that has been hired there has succeeded after Alvarez took over, but he was a football coach before he was an AD. And a player before he was a coach.

SE wasn't either of them, yet he attempted (presumably) too make coaching decisions with MR

I don't disagree with the gist of your post, but Eichorst was an all-conference DB and team captain for his college football team. The team was Wisconsin-Whitewater, but just sayin'.

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't disagree with the gist of your post, but Eichorst was an all-conference DB and team captain for his college football team. The team was Wisconsin-Whitewater, but just sayin'.

At first I thought you meant douchebag, and I was like "yeah he was" then I realized you meant defensive back, and I was like "oh, lol."

• Plus1 5

Still think Eichorst was a plant recommended by Alvarez to make sure Nebraska doesn't challenge Wisky's dominance in football.*

*(Not really, but if you think about it, it makes more sense than DoNU hiring Eichorst because we thought he was a good fit). 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

it makes more sense than DoNU hiring Eichorst because we thought he was a good fit

"We" didn't really have anything to do with it. Perlman hired Eichorst because Perlman.

• Plus1 1

This is probably a very good position for SE.  He is a lawyer/accountant that likes to work in the background.  That is why he was a poor AD you can't work behind the scenes with your door closed looking at a spread sheet.  You have to be the face of the athletic program, he didn't like doing that.  There is nothing wrong with being an assistant AD and doing a good job at what you are good at.  He just aspired to be something more than what he was comfortable doing.  

59 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Still think Eichorst was a plant recommended by Alvarez to make sure Nebraska doesn't challenge Wisky's dominance in football.*

*(Not really, but if you think about it, it makes more sense than DoNU hiring Eichorst because we thought he was a good fit). 

He was probably a great asset to Alvarez at Wisconsin and Alvarez thought he would make a great AD.  SE probably did a lot of s#!t work that Alvarez didn't like doing and probably did it very well.  It doesn't make you a leader though.  You can't lead from behind a closed door.  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I'll be honest, my mind goes there sometimes.

You're not alone lol. I believe athletic admins can be corrupt. There might be something to it considering Gary Andersen went to Oregon State shortly after Riley left for Nebraska. Sort of like a trade deal :dunno