Cameron Jefferies

He is a transfer corner from Bowling Green with two years of eligibility left, but he is taking 21 credits currently to become immediately eligible. He is down to Cincinnati and Nebraska. Here is some more information on the situation. I believe this would be a tremendous pick up.

@Ziebol the Red gets credit for finding this info first.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20180607/riverside-grad-cornerback-cameron-jefferies-working-to-graduate-from-bg-two-years-early

• Plus1 3

26 minutes ago, ADS said:

To be honest I’d much rather have this kid than Watkins.  The two years of eligibility would be really nice with how many young corners are going to be brought in.

A guy trying this hard to become a graduate transfer is looking for the quickest road to the NFL, not necessarily staying 2 years.

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

A guy trying this hard to become a graduate transfer is looking for the quickest road to the NFL, not necessarily staying 2 years.

Maybe, now stick with me here, he’ll actually stay two years and playing at a place like Nebraska is better exposure than Bowling Green.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, ADS said:

Maybe, now stick with me here, he’ll actually stay two years and playing at a place like Nebraska is better exposure than Bowling Green.

The article is very specific that this is about the NFL. Obviously the exposure and opportunity to prove oneself at this level is a draw away from Bowling Green to Nebraska in pursuit of that goal.

16 minutes ago, brophog said:

The article is very specific that this is about the NFL. Obviously the exposure and opportunity to prove oneself at this level is a draw away from Bowling Green to Nebraska in pursuit of that goal.

It’s not inherent that he would only stay for one year.

8 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

I don't think he hates the new coaches. It is just the guys that got him there are now gone and he sees it as an opportunity to improve his draft stock.

Right, which is what the article says.  The previous comment saying he hates his coaches doesn't make sense and seems unnecessary really.

• Plus1 1