Track and Field time to vent.

This a quick rant but this kind of gets to me.  We have this large nation with great weather this time of year in many locations.  Eugene Oregon is not one  of these places!  Phil knight and his nike money have to be involved in this somehow.  I am so sick of seeing the nations best runners cap the year in 57 degrees and rain.  Oregon is the rainiest continental state IIRC.  

Think about how nice it is in San Antonio,  San Diego, Phoenix or Orlando, etc etc.  

• Plus1 1

I see where you are coming from, but you never know.  My daughter is a NAIA athlete.  Her national championship was in Gulf Shores Alabama.  The coach said he was happy to be south.  Got tired of the storms of the Midwest.  This year they got hit by a tropical storm.  My daughter threw in standing water.  I think weather can suck anywhere.  But cold does suck for a National Championship.  And yes the track world bows down to Nike.  My throwers switched to Adidias shoes this year.  Kids loved them!  They will never go back to Nike.

According to this, Oregon isn't even in the top 10 for rain.  Those "warm" southern states get more rain than we do.  As for this weekend, the rain was pretty unusual.  We had a warm spring.  In fact, where I live we are 12 inches behind our usual rainfall and have been designated an emergency area.  Much of Oregon has been designated this year.  

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/wettest-states.php

The biggest reason they have things at Eugene is that people show up in droves to Eugene.  USATF National championships are at Drake next week.  I think you will see empty stands.  It is not an Olympic or World Championship year that will hurt the numbers too.  I wish they had it closer to where I live, but there are few places that can hold an event like that one.  I believe Hayward field has an organization that is dedicated to running the place.  I believe Lance Deal runs that group.  They have the organization to keep winning bids and running events there.  Prefontaine Classic is also a IAAF Diamond league event.

• 2 weeks later...