Crawford vs Horn

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well this Padraza-Moran fight is a bloodbath.

The bridge of Moran’s nose is the bloodbath.  Such a terrible place as it will not stop bleeding.  Love them having Stitch available to talk about cuts and such

The Main Event will be interesting.  Will Horn press forward and try to get in close and bull Crawford around like he did against Manny???  That could be a fatal plan against Crawford’s technical abilities from both stances.  Also will be interesting if Crawford switches to south paw as quickly as he has in the last couple of Jr Welterweight fights knowing he was just that much better than the rest of the division.

Crawford's power punching accuracy is off the charts.  They're typically meaningful punches as well.  Even though Lomachenko has better footwork I have a tough time viewing him as a better all-around boxer.   I honestly think Crawford is the man right now.  More of a total package.

It didn't surprise me that Bud was a couple classes above Horn as a boxer, but I was surprised Bud was the stronger grappler, despite being smaller.

@PaulCrewe I think Crawford would probably outbox Spence, but Spence would be a legitimate threat to drop Crawford.   If I'm Crawford, I would want that fight to go the distance.   I really don't think Bud's trainer is blowing smoke when he says they have a clear plan to beat anyone in the division.  Bud is very, very smart.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Crawford's power punching accuracy is off the charts.  They're typically meaningful punches as well.  Even though Lomachenko has better footwork I have a tough time viewing him as a better all-around boxer.   I honestly think Crawford is the man right now.  More of a total package.

It didn't surprise me that Bud was a couple classes above Horn as a boxer, but I was surprised Bud was the stronger grappler, despite being smaller.

@PaulCrewe I think Crawford would probably outbox Spence, but Spence would be a legitimate threat to drop Crawford.   If I'm Crawford, I would want that fight to go the distance.   I really don't think Bud's trainer is blowing smoke when he says they have a clear plan to beat anyone in the division.  Bud is very, very smart.

Spence is probably the biggest Welterweight with the heaviest hands of the elite guys in this loader division.  So, as the case has been in pretty much every fight the last couple years, he could do a bunch of damage early in the fight when Crawford takes a lot of hits while “studying” his opponent.  It would be more punishment Crawford has taken during his rise.  Yes I’m think He’d be able to eventually out box Spence with technical skills but it would be a whole different fight than Crawford has been in.  

I don’t think Thurman has the power like Spence so Crawford would push and come at him all night.  Also Thurman hasn’t fought in like 18 months due to injury so he would want nothing to do with Crawford anytime soon.

A Jesse Vargas fight would be interesting.  Vargas is strictly a counter puncher with a very good defense

Matthysse would be entertaining as the guy is a brawler and just keeps coming at ya.  But he’s getting up there in age.

Crawford should drop the Pacquiao thing.  I can’t see anything coming from that.  Manny is too old now and his layoffs for political and other things just dont make him the same fighter he once was.  Plus you just destroyed the guy who went toe to toe with him and won(justifiably imo)

I can see Crawford fighting the winner of the Garcia/Porter fight that is supposed to go down at the end of summer before a Spence or Thurman fight though.