Tre Bryant back?

At least able to work out with the team.

Nebraska running back Tre Bryant is nearing a return from a knee injury that cost him his sophomore season and participating with the team during summer workouts.

“I’ve been full-go for a month basically,” Bryant told Hail Varsity. “I’m excited. Hopefully, it just stays in the condition it’s in and I can keep moving forward.”

Bryant, now a junior, started at running back for the Huskers last season, tallying 299 yards and two scores in just a game-and-a-half of work. He left during the second half of Nebraska’s Sept. 9 game against Oregon with a right knee injury and never returned. In October of last season, Bryant had “corrective” knee surgery to address the issue in the hopes that he would be ready to go for the spring, but neither a definite timetable for recovery nor a specific injury diagnosis was offered.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/4006/huskers-rb-tre-bryant-is-back-for-summer-workouts

• Plus1 4

Nice to seem Tre in the mix again.  There's gonna be quite a competition come fall camp.  IB is pretty deep right now with several guys all at about the same skill level.  

• Plus1 2

We have some experience in the r/b position, and maybe some good ones coming in, but Bryant is a game changer. I don't think we have anyone else like him. 

What I've read on here says, he can't hold up with those knees. Hope that's not the case. I'm not sure how much he will play each game, but I think the coaches will be very careful with the amount of carries he gets this year. jmo

GBR!!!

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, Dagerow said:

Very happy about this. Even if he only gets 10 carries a game (so that he can stay healthy), it will make a big difference.  Not only is he very good, his skill set fits the offense perfectly.

Yes, with his old-man knees he won't hold-up to more than like 10 touches a game but those touches can be difference-makers if we can keep him going a whole season.

• 1 month later...