Who are your Top 10 Basketball players of all-time?

41 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I am ready for all the debates. Here is my top 10

1. Michael Jordan

2. Lebron James

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. Magic Johnson

5. Wilt Chamberlin

6. Kobe Bryant

7. Tim Duncan

8. Larry Bird

9. Shaquille O'Neal 

10. Bill Russell

Shaq>Kobe

14 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

5-10 are all debatable. I went with Kobe over Shaq because he won more titles. Shaq was maybe the most dominate big of all time. If he made his free throws he would have been the all time leading scorer. No disrespect to him at all.

Agree with that take. Its all subjective but I'd taje Shaqtus over Mamba personally. Whats interesting to me is no KD. Not to say he should be on the list, but Lebron was on this list at KD's age and for some reason people don't put Durant in these conversations. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Agree with that take. Its all subjective but I'd taje Shaqtus over Mamba personally. Whats interesting to me is no KD. Not to say he should be on the list, but Lebron was on this list at KD's age and for some reason people don't put Durant in these conversations. 

Durant is getting close. He is probably in the top 12 or 13 players of all time right now. He will end up in the top 10 at the end of his career.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

He is getting close. He is probably in the top 12 or 13 players of all time right now. He will end up in the top 10 at the end of his career.

I think so too with his play the last 2 seasons especially. I'd say he is top 3 already when it comes to gifted scorers. His ability from everywhere on the court offensively is unprecedented. 

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think so too with his play the last 2 seasons especially. I'd say he is top 3 already when it comes to gifted scorers. His ability from everywhere on the court offensively is unprecedented. 

He is unguardable. You are shocked when he actually misses a shot. He is essentially a 7 foot Guard.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, sho said:

My ten:

1--Wilt

2--KAJ

3--Jordan

4--Magic

5--Bird

6--Kobe

7--LBJ

8--Russell

9--Duncan

10--Westbrook

Westbrook? That's interesting. 

44 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Solid list. I do believe that Duncan is the most underrated player of all time.

That gives me an idea....

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Westbrook? That's interesting. 

That gives me an idea....

Dude's averaged a triple double 2 years in a row.   That's just insane.   He's getting overshadowed by bigger hype, better teams, and bigger markets, plust his FO hasn't really helped him.  Guy is immensely talented and dominates night after night. If I have a draft for an expansion team in today's NBA, he's #1 on my list and I don't even think about it.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, sho said:

Dude's averaged a triple double 2 years in a row.   That's just insane.   He's getting overshadowed by bigger hype, better teams, and bigger markets, plust his FO hasn't really helped him.  Guy is immensely talented and dominates night after night. If I have a draft for an expansion team in today's NBA, he's #1 on my list and I don't even think about it.

He hasn't won though.

9 minutes ago, sho said:

You're absolutely right; he's a stat monster, and does things we haven't seen since the Big O. I would have a hard time putting him above guys like Shaq, Hakeem, Stockton, Malone, or Isaiah Thomas, let alone some of his contemporaries like Durant and Curry, though. 

• Plus1 1