Frost Interview with Rich Eisen

57 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

One of the many reasons I’m glad Frost is our coach is how he presents himself when doing national interviews, etc. I’m thinking a lot of fans of other programs may be a bit envious.   And that makes me smile. 

This is one of the things we talked about in what became the Scott Frost Megathread. He's so good at staying on message that not only will his coaches do it but so eventually will the players. Some people say interview and press conferences are useless, and I see their point, but that's our insight into the day to day. It's not what they say that's interesting, it's how they go about presenting it. If they're lost and befuddled up there, they're often lost and befuddled in other parts of the program. 

• Plus1 5
21 hours ago, brophog said:

This is one of the things we talked about in what became the Scott Frost Megathread. He's so good at staying on message that not only will his coaches do it but so eventually will the players. Some people say interview and press conferences are useless, and I see their point, but that's our insight into the day to day. It's not what they say that's interesting, it's how they go about presenting it. If they're lost and befuddled up there, they're often lost and befuddled in other parts of the program. 

It's not just that - it's how he doesn't even have to stop to think about any question he's ever asked.  And it's not like his answers are rehearsed/canned - smooth and genuine.  (Or it just seems that way to me at least.)  You can just tell he thinks faster than most people.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

It's not just that - it's how he doesn't even have to stop to think about any question he's ever asked.  And it's not like his answers are rehearsed/canned - smooth and genuine.  (Or it just seems that way to me at least.)  You can just tell he thinks faster than most people.

He is quick, but he also has been giving these same answers since he got here. If you listen to a lot of interviews you hear the exact same answers. Reporters tend to repeat the same questions.