Athlon Rates Frost as the Seventh-Best Coach in the B1G

22 hours ago, Moiraine said:

So you would not trade Frost for Meyer even though you think Meyer is the better coach. That's exactly the point EE was making.

No he is saying Frost is not as good as a whole bunch of other coaches.   I allowed that Meyer maybe better, at this time atleast, but if he is not available, then we hired the next one that was.   Frost BETTER be the next, long term, great coach at NU.   If we have to wait 10 years for him to become that, I am not sure most fans will be that patient.  

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

No he is saying Frost is not as good as a whole bunch of other coaches.   I allowed that Meyer maybe better, at this time atleast, but if he is not available, then we hired the next one that was.   Frost BETTER be the next, long term, great coach at NU.   If we have to wait 10 years for him to become that, I am not sure most fans will be that patient.  

No. I was not saying he isn’t as good. I was saying he is the best coach for Nebraska. I don’t think he’s the best coach in the league... yet.

I wouldn’t trade him for any other coach in the country, but he’s done exactly nothing in the Big Ten. You can’t just plop someone at the #2 spot for going 13-0 at UCF when other coaches have already proven their mettle at the Power 5 level.

I personally think he’s top three, but that’s not being objective.

• Plus1 2

On 6/13/2018 at 1:05 PM, Edison's Enemy said:

Don’t get me wrong; I’m a huge fan of Frost and don’t think there was a better candidate out there. That being said, he hasn’t proven himself as a head coach at the P5 level yet. Objectively speaking, that puts him lower on the list. 

1. Meyer

2. Franklin

3. Chryst

4. Dantoni

5. Ferentz

6. Harbaugh

7. Fitzgerald

8. Frost

9. Brohm

10. Fleck

11. Allen

12. Durkin

13. Smith

14. Ash 

At first i thought Frosts low ranking was wrong, until i looked at the list of coaches in our league, wow . I think at this point, the above list is about right. That being said I wouldn't trade Frost for any of the others. I think hes the perfect fit here, and in a few years, i could easily see him being top 3 .

• Plus1 3

Some Iowa fans butt hurt over their coach being ranked behind Frost?

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/breaking-down-nebraskas-scott-frost-versus-iowas-kirk-ferentz

Athlon Sports recently unveiled its Big Ten coach rankings for the 2018 college football season. Nebraska's Scott Frost, the newest head coach in the conference, came in seventh, one spot ahead of Iowa's Kirk Ferentz, the Big Ten's (and FBS') most senior leader. Not surprisingly, this has a number of people crying foul on both sides and from national perspectives.

• Haha 1
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

Some Iowa fans butt hurt over their coach being ranked behind Frost?

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/breaking-down-nebraskas-scott-frost-versus-iowas-kirk-ferentz

I read the article a day or so ago.  I always like to go to the comment section after reading an article like this.  Half of the Iowa fans are ready for Ferentz to retire or move on.  Has there ever been a coach paid as much as Ferentz do as little as Ferentz as long as Ferentz has done at Iowa?  Is a guy who's team has finished the season ranked just 6 times in 19 years really worth 4.5 million a year?  He must have one heck of an agent. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I read the article a day or so ago.  I always like to go to the comment section after reading an article like this.  Half of the Iowa fans are ready for Ferentz to retire or move on.  Has there ever been a coach paid as much as Ferentz do as little as Ferentz as long as Ferentz has done at Iowa?  Is a guy who's team has finished the season ranked just 6 times in 19 years really worth 4.5 million a year?  He must have one heck of an agent. 

Everytime someone gets the bright idea to replace him he has his rare double digit season and people being the myopic creatures we are assume he's somehow a different coach. He's not only overpaid, but he under-delivers. His teams consistently just barely do what's necessary, as seen by their annually ranking in the bottom half in scoring. With how weak this division has been and their annual less than difficult schedule, this shouldn't be a program that tops out at 8-5. Iowa fans are right in assuming they can do better. 

• Plus1 1