Engelhaupt No Longer With Team?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The quote I saw claimed he had "stepped away from the team on leave".  Meaning, there is a chance he's coming back.

Yeah, I read that too.  But it was after I posted originally and I'm kind of thinking once you leave the chances of you coming back diminish greatly.

Plus I'm too lazy to go back and change it.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually, I can't think of the last time a kid left the team and it wasn't announced by the coaches.

O'Brien

Brokop

Decker

Ward

Hampton

Williams

It has been the MO so far of this coaching staff to not comment on a player leaving until that player has announced or confirmed it first.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

O'Brien

Brokop

Decker

Ward

Hampton

Williams

It has been the MO so far of this coaching staff to not comment on a player leaving until that player has announced or confirmed it first.  

Ummm....no.

The MO of this is that the media is told (by the program) that XYZ player is no longer with the program.  Then, at some point after that, the player tweets out something.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm....no.

The MO of this is that the media is told (by the program) that XYZ player is no longer with the program.  Then, at some point after that, the player tweets out something.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Huskers-football-coach-Scott-Frost-likes-to-let-players-decide-how-and-when-to-announce-if-they-are-leaving-the-program-118316657

"We're still working through that," Frost said. "Potentially a couple more, but we don't want to say anything about kids -- if somebody's not going to be here, we kind of feel like it should be their decision when and how to announce that."

Would you like to continue arguing?

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Would you like to continue arguing?

Good lord dude.  Just go look at threads on those players.  Here's just from the POB thread.

So, the program announced to the media that POB asked for his release. (10:59am)

POB tweets out to announce he is transferring at (11:26am).

SOP is the player talks to the staff and asks for the release.  The program announces the player is no longer with the program....the press reaches out to the player and he makes a statement.

Not sure why you are working so hard to find fault once again with the staff.  But, it's becoming a common theme with you.

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to Engelhaupt No Longer With Team?