Engelhaupt No Longer With Team?

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good lord dude.  Just go look at threads on those players.  Here's just from the POB thread.

So, the program announced to the media that POB asked for his release. (10:59am)

POB tweets out to announce he is transferring at (11:26am).

SOP is the player talks to the staff and asks for the release.  The program announces the player is no longer with the program....the press reaches out to the player and he makes a statement.

Not sure why you are working so hard to find fault once again with the staff.  But, it's becoming a common theme with you.

I'm not finding fault.  Frost LITERALLY said what I  bolded.  What else was I supposed to take from that?

And even if I did find "fault" in this.  It's my opinion that I am allowed to express.  You are free to ignore anytime

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Is matt Snyder still on the team?

Not sure if he is still on the team, but there was no mention of him by Beckton during the coaches' tour of the state.  Below is an excerpt from an OWH article from this week.

» Jack Stoll is the front-runner to start at tight end, Beckton said. Stoll has received the go-ahead to run meetings and workouts this summer for the tight ends. The rest of the depth chart, Beckton said, goes redshirt freshman Kurt Rafdal and then redshirt freshman Austin Allen. Engelhaupt would be fourth.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm not finding fault.  Frost LITERALLY said what I  bolded.  What else was I supposed to take from that?

And even if I did find "fault" in this.  It's my opinion that I am allowed to express.  You are free to ignore anytime

The quote is that "it should be their decision when and how to announce."

You're assuming none of the players might decide the coaches can tell the media whenever they want.

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure if he is still on the team, but there was no mention of him by Beckton during the coaches' tour of the state.  Below is an excerpt from an OWH article from this week.

» Jack Stoll is the front-runner to start at tight end, Beckton said. Stoll has received the go-ahead to run meetings and workouts this summer for the tight ends. The rest of the depth chart, Beckton said, goes redshirt freshman Kurt Rafdal and then redshirt freshman Austin Allen. Engelhaupt would be fourth.

http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

Snyder still listed here.  OWH does a pretty good job of adjusting this once they have confirmation of a player leaving.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

The quote is that "it should be their decision when and how to announce."

You're assuming none of the players might tell the coaches they can tell the media whenever they want.

I don't assume anything.  Again.  Was just surprised that Engelhaupt hadn't announced anything on his own first.  Or at all so far.  

20 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I thought the coaches waited for the player to make those announcements

possible scenario, engelhaupt doesnt want to make an announcement. and after conversing with the coaching staff both parties felt it would be in everyone's best interest if the coaches announced it.

• Plus1 2
Just now, desertshox said:

possible scenario, engelhaupt doesnt want to make an announcement. and after conversing with the coaching staff both parties felt it would be in everyone's best interest if the coaches announced it.

Quite possible.  Like I said in the first place.  I just thought that the coaches waited until the player confirmed it.  I doesn't affect my day either way.  Unlike some posters here that have to fight with anyone with a differing view.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Engelhaupt No Longer With Team?
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm hearing Snyder might be leaving 

And Engelhaupt is still listed as on the team per OWH.  Which may not mean anything but they are pretty good about updating this when something changes.

http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

I've heard speculation that both Snyder and Engelhaupt may be going the same route as Brokop - no longer on the team but staying in school and get to keep their scholarship (though it doesn't count against the 85 limit).  That would possibly be the reason why we haven't seen bigger announcements from any of those three - they don't have a transfer or a new school to announce.  Maybe won't really see anything until they're not on the roster this fall.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've heard speculation that both Snyder and Engelhaupt may be going the same route as Brokop - no longer on the team but staying in school and get to keep their scholarship (though it doesn't count against the 85 limit).  That would possibly be the reason why we haven't seen bigger announcements from any of those three - they don't have a transfer or a new school to announce.  Maybe won't really see anything until they're not on the roster this fall.

I've heard the same thing.  I thought it was interesting that the scholarship chart still had DE listed on on scholarship after Beckton made the announcement.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I've heard the same thing.  I thought it was interesting that the scholarship chart still had DE listed on on scholarship after Beckton made the announcement.

Beckton didn't say he was officially gone.  Just said he didn't know what the story is.