Who Is The Better Player? Curry or Westbrook

Curry or Westbrook  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't realize we were arguing over this...haha...

Rebounding:  Advantage Westbrook

Post game:  Advantage Westbrook

Defense:  Advantage Westbrook

Shot:  Advantage Curry

Handles:  Push

Passing:   Advantage Westbrook

Outside of his range, where is Curry better?

18 minutes ago, sho said:

I didn't realize we were arguing over this...haha...

Rebounding:  Advantage Westbrook

Post game:  Advantage Westbrook

Defense:  Advantage Westbrook

Shot:  Advantage Curry

Handles:  Push

Passing:   Advantage Westbrook

Outside of his range, where is Curry better?

Making his teammates better.

1 minute ago, The Murphinator said:

Making his teammates better.

That makes him a better teammate, not a better player.   And would KD not be an all star without Curry?  Would Klay not be a long range assassin without Curry?  Would Draymond not be a d^&khead without Curry?  Who is Curry making better?

3 minutes ago, sho said:

That makes him a better teammate, not a better player.   And would KD not be an all star without Curry?  Would Klay not be a long range assassin without Curry?  Would Draymond not be a d^&khead without Curry?  Who is Curry making better?

Warriors aren't the Warriors without Curry. He drove them to the first title and that next season he was even better. Its not just his shooting. He creates such a strain on defenses. He is the key to the Warriors success.

13 minutes ago, sho said:

I am simply stating that players that have played with Westbrook have struggled, and then moved on to new teams and found success. A few examples are Oladipo, Harden, Kanter, and Sabonis.

4 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I am simply stating that players that have played with Westbrook have struggled, and then moved on to new teams and found success. A few examples are Oladipo, Harden, Kanter, and Sabonis.

Great, doesn't mean Steph is a better player overall.  In fact, i agree, Russ isn't a great teammate, but he still gets 10+ assists a night, involving his teammates. 

5 minutes ago, sho said:

Great, doesn't mean Steph is a better player overall.  In fact, i agree, Russ isn't a great teammate, but he still gets 10+ assists a night, involving his teammates. 

I will just say this about Westbrook. I love his motor and attitude on the court. I just think that he takes to many ill advised shots and he is not efficient. 

10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Warriors aren't the Warriors without Curry. He drove them to the first title and that next season he was even better. Its not just his shooting. He creates such a strain on defenses. He is the key to the Warriors success.

He does put a strain...so does Klay, so does KD.   Don't tell me if you take Klay and KD off he wouldn't be the next Reggie Miller or Ray Allen, both great players, but not all time greats.  Ray and Reggie were great shooters and put a lot of strain on defenses as well, no one would argue they are top 10-15 of all time.  The difference between Reggie and Ray to Steph, Steph has another GREAT shooter and the most unguardable player in the game.    A guy like West who averages a triple double for the season, not once but twice, doing something that all time greats couldn't even fathom, that's just another level.  Just because he doesn't have the team around him to win championships, doesn't diminish that overall he's a much better player.

Nice to see that the top 10 NBA players thread has spawned two offshoots today. :lol:

Let's look at this logically:

- Their scoring averages are virtually identical. 

- Westbrook has higher rebounding and assist averages. 

- Curry has better shooting percentages. 

- Their efficiency ratings are virtually identical

- Curry has a higher percent of win shares. 

So, the definitive answer is...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯