Bill Clinton, Monstrous Crimes, and Liberal #MeToo Hypocrisy

3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I fail to see how you hang that on any Democrats outside of Bill Clinton.

His words & actions are his own. 

He’s been the most popular Democrat, other than Obama, for decades. He’s lauded, applauded, celebrated, and honored by Democrats. He’s a speaker at Democratic events, rallies, and conventions...often the keynote speaker. He’s made tens of millions of dollars based on his popularity among Democrats.

Championing a rapist and serial sexual predator is appalling in a vacuum. Doing so while shrieking about #METOO is unbelievably hypocritical.

• Plus1 6

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He’s been the most popular Democrat, other than Obama, for decades. He’s lauded, applauded, celebrated, and honored by Democrats. He’s a speaker at Democratic events, rallies, and conventions...often the keynote speaker. He’s made tens of millions of dollars based on his popularity among Democrats.

Championing a rapist and serial sexual predator is appalling in a vacuum. Doing so while shrieking about #METOO is unbelievably hypocritical.

If that's your opinion, that's fair. He's put on a pedestal by Democrats because he's a former president. That's pretty much the long and short of it. It's impossible to uncouple the allegations against him from him being POTUS & being incredibly popular. So in continuing to give him a platform, the Dems deserve whatever heat they catch from statements like yours.

But I'd similarly hope you'd call for the GOP to excommunicate Trump when his term(s) end due to the dozens of accusations against him. 

• Plus1 2

Clinton and Trump both have a list of sexual indiscretions yes . The difference being Clinton paid the price for his and Trump lies/denies and isn’t held accountable for anything . 

Clinton is a highly educated, charismatic , likeable guy who did a good job at his Presidental  duties . Trump not so much any of those things .

I saw nothing in that  opinion piece that “proves” Clinton is a monster either . He paid a dear price for what he did, and appologies were made to appropriate people 20 years ago when it happened . It’s over . 

Lots of wasted energy worrying about that anyway ,  when there are awful things being done by the current administration on a daily basis, with no repercussions . 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

If that's your opinion, that's fair. He's put on a pedestal by Democrats because he's a former president. That's pretty much the long and short of it. It's impossible to uncouple the allegations against him from him being POTUS & being incredibly popular. So in continuing to give him a platform, the Dems deserve whatever heat they catch from statements like yours.

But I'd similarly hope you'd call for the GOP to excommunicate Trump when his term(s) end due to the dozens of accusations against him. 

Fair enough. Trump deserves whatever heat he gets for his sexual misdeeds as well. But he hasn’t been boinking interns on the desk in the Oval Office nor has he been credibly charged with rape. So while Trump is a philandering douchebag and scummy guy generally, I don’t think he’s committed any crimes. 

28 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Clinton and Trump both have a list of sexual indiscretions yes . The difference being Clinton paid the price for his and Trump lies/denies and isn’t held accountable for anything . 

Clinton is a highly educated, charismatic , likeable guy who did a good job at his Presidental  duties . Trump not so much any of those things .

I saw nothing in that  opinion piece that “proves” Clinton is a monster either . He paid a dear price for what he did, and appologies were made to appropriate people 20 years ago when it happened . It’s over . 

Lots of wasted energy worrying about that anyway ,  when there are awful things being done by the current administration on a daily basis, with no repercussions . 

Clinton never apologized to Lewinsky, bristled at the notion that he probably should have, and cast himself as the victim in the whole sordid mess. I’ve never viewed him as very “likeable,” probably because I’m not a fan of rapists and sexual predators.

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fair enough. Trump deserves whatever heat he gets for his sexual misdeeds as well. But he hasn’t been boinking interns on the desk in the Oval Office nor has he been credibly charged with rape. So while Trump is a philandering douchebag and scummy guy generally, I don’t think he’s committed any crimes. 

Go look up "Michael Cohen can't rape your spouse."

Very similar to the Broaddrick situation.

Clinton  never was covicted of rape or he would be in jail right now . I don’t think him getting a bj from a concenting adult necessarily puts him in the predatory category either . He didn’t get impeached for that anyway,  he got impeached for lying about it , which is pretty normal human behavior to me . I didn’t think it was a big deal then and don’t now , but if we’re gonna say it is, then we need to look into Trumps long list of accusers too . 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Clinton  never was covicted of rape or he would be in jail right now . I don’t think him getting a bj from a concenting adult necessarily puts him in the predatory category either . He didn’t get impeached for that anyway,  he got impeached for lying about it , which is pretty normal human behavior to me . I didn’t think it was a big deal then and don’t now , but if we’re gonna say it is, then we need to look into Trumps long list of accusers too . 

Lewinsky was a 22 year old intern. Clinton was in his early 50’s, married, and the leader of the free world. Under those circumstances and given the age and power imbalance, it’s unclear whether she COULD consent. 

The rape allegations from Broaddrick seem very credible. Clinton is a complete scumbag.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lewinsky was a 22 year old intern. Clinton was in his early 50’s, married, and the leader of the free world. Under those circumstances and given the age and power imbalance, it’s unclear whether she COULD consent. 

The rape allegations from Broaddrick seem very credible. Clinton is a complete scumbag.

I don't like Clinton and he's probably a scumbag.

But, focusing just on Lewinsky here, she was well into adulthood. She wasn't some vulnerable little girl. Women are not vulnerable by default - but that's the message I hear when I see this argument. It's very possible she knew exactly what she wanted and went after it. This is all assuming there was in no way any implied consequences given to her by Clinton if she didn't agree to it. I don't think office relationships between a boss and an inferior automatically fall under the sexual harassment/assault umbrella. They are likely to, but there are cases when both adults in that situation want it.

• Plus1 3

I said this when Clinton was banging everyone in site while Governor, Candidate and President.  If a wife can't trust the man to stay committed to what he has promised in front of God, family and friends and to someone who he at least claims to love.....how in the hell can I trust him to tell me the truth?

Well....now we are seeing this played out again times a gazillion.  We have a guy who has cheated on every wife he has ever had....multiple times.....and we also see him lying to us on a daily basis.

Morals and values matter.

• Plus1 2