June 2018: How do you feel about the 2020 election right now?

How are you currently planning to vote in the 2020 election?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’d give Biden more than even odds,  I think he’d win pretty easily . Especially if he brought in a young running mate like Kennedy , or Harris etc . He’s charismatic , bold, experienced , and (other than the hug thing lol ) fairly  unsmearable .

If Bernie runs as a Democrat I think he’d have a good chance , as an independent,  not so much .  

I don’t really think the debates matter that much either . I watched them , and Clinton won them too . IMO

I think the majority of voters already had their minds made up about crooked Hillary, Benghazi , emails etc and didn’t hear anything she said . Couple that with Russian interference , gerrymandering , and the electoral college her chances of wining were gone . Even after all that, she got 3 million more votes,  and still “lost “ . Whoever the Dems run In 2020 will undoubtedly face all those same obstacles , and they will be tough to overcome . 

The cult following of Trump though very disheartening,  and maddening is still unfortunately, very strong . I doubt any debates, facts, campaign promises or anything else will change their minds . 

The only way I see, is for Dem/progressive voters to unite,  and turn out in force,  and try to outvote the Trumpers. 

Biden is a complete buffoon. He’s run for President several times and embarrassed himself each time. 

Kamala Harris is a joke. You should hear the horror stories her former staff at the California AG’s office tell about her. 

Clinton is a washed up, angry, bitter, has-been. She put up with and rode her rapey husband’s coattails for as long as she could. Game Over.

Sanders can’t be taken seriously. It’s possible he could have beaten Trump in 2016. But given the Trump economic explosion, no way America turns the keys to the car over to the crazy professor from Back to the Future.

All of those things are your opinion only and one I don’t share , along with pretty much everything you post . I get it though you really aren’t here to debate or talk about reasonable solutions to anything just to antagonize, and stir the pot . Bravo you’ve done it, I guess everyone has to be good at something . 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Trump is a complete buffoon. He’s run for President several times and embarrassed himself each time. 

Trump is a joke. You should hear the horror stories her his former staff/employees/contractors at the California AG’s The Apprentice, Trump Organization, and others tell about her him. 

Trump is a washed up, angry, bitter, has-been. She He put up with and rode her rapey husband’s coattails was probably a rapey, and definitely a serially unfaithful, husband, and deceived many about his wealth and success, for as long as she he could. Game Over.

Trump can’t be taken seriously. It’s possible he could have beaten Trump in 2016. But given the Trump economic explosion strong economy he inherited from Obama, is riding the coattails of, and thankfully not completely destroying yet, no way America turns the keys to the car over repeats the same mistake and grants a second term to the crazy professor bully named Biff from Back to the Future.

I'd say 

• Plus1 5
9 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

All of those things are your opinion only and one I don’t share , along with pretty much everything you post . I get it though you really aren’t here to debate or talk about reasonable solutions to anything just to antagonize, and stir the pot . Bravo you’ve done it, I guess everyone has to be good at something . 

It is how we are wired.  Even in your reply to him, you are stirring the pot.  Instead of just not replying and ignoring him.    It is probably what makes it fun and tiring and fun again.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Biden is a complete buffoon. He’s run for President several times and embarrassed himself each time. 

Kamala Harris is a joke. You should hear the horror stories her former staff at the California AG’s office tell about her. 

Clinton is a washed up, angry, bitter, has-been. She put up with and rode her rapey husband’s coattails for as long as she could. Game Over.

Sanders can’t be taken seriously. It’s possible he could have beaten Trump in 2016. But given the Trump economic explosion, no way America turns the keys to the car over to the crazy professor from Back to the Future.

Agree about Biden. He should have run in '16. He'd have beaten Hillary and probably Trump, and we'd have a boring president and a stagnated congress. But we wouldn't be in this mess, so it would be better overall.

I'm curious what "horror stories" there are about Kamala Harris. I think it'd be interesting to see those stories with Trump's various escapades fresh in everyone's minds so we know what conservatives are willing to denounce for Democrats but ignore for their team.

Agree about Clinton - both of them.  Enough with the Clintons. Enough with political dynasties.  We're America - we kicked out the kings more than 200 years ago. We don't need political hangers-on from any family just because they once held office.

Agree about Sanders. He may have beaten Trump in 2016, but the Democrats made sure he never had the chance. There is no "Trump economic explosion," but that doesn't mean Bernie's policies are what we need or want.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I hate to agree with anything ric flair says but i think he's right about trump winning in 2020. His base wont be swayed no matter what he does he could hang a russian flag from the white house and hand over the nuclear football and they would still vote for him. The rest of the republicans will vote for him once they get in the voting booth and just lie and say they voted libertarian. The dems will blow it by running hilary again or someone who will let trump shout over them in the debates.

While he may be right about 2020 -   I think some of Trump's policies will come back and bite him in the butt by 2020.  This is esp true of the trade war going on - started by Trump.  China is hitting back against industries in states that went for Trump - agricultural being one of those industries.  Funny how Trump is no longer bragging about the stock market growth. The market today is responding to more tough tariff talk by trump (yes that is 4 Ts) by going down big this morning.   I have concerns that this economy won't hold together either and by 2020 - people may vote their pocketbook and vote him out.  

I came across this article this morning and it supports what I've been thinking for some time.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-policy-consequences-immigration-economy-2018-2020-0de3b01b-3f62-4881-b0bd-f81d336106c1.html

Be smart, from a well-wired Republican: "Trump's biggest crisis will come if the trade wars cause a slowdown in the economy. The boom is giving him a cushion against the impact of his policies, personal behavior and impetuous decision making. No boom, no cushion. Political collapse."

18 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

The whole point of a discussion board is to share opinions. If you disagree, feel free to say so.

Each of the prospective Democratic candidates is hopelessly flawed. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Agree about Biden. He should have run in '16. He'd have beaten Hillary and probably Trump, and we'd have a boring president and a stagnated congress. But we wouldn't be in this mess, so it would be better overall.

I'm curious what "horror stories" there are about Kamala Harris. I think it'd be interesting to see those stories with Trump's various escapades fresh in everyone's minds so we know what conservatives are willing to denounce for Democrats but ignore for their team.

Agree about Clinton - both of them.  Enough with the Clintons. Enough with political dynasties.  We're America - we kicked out the kings more than 200 years ago. We don't need political hangers-on from any family just because they once held office.

Agree about Sanders. He may have beaten Trump in 2016, but the Democrats made sure he never had the chance. There is no "Trump economic explosion," but that doesn't mean Bernie's policies are what we need or want.

PM me and I’ll share some of the things I’ve heard about Harris. I can’t post them here without getting people in trouble.