Trump: More Popular than Ever

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I guess that’s a predictable result of making America great again.

When was America not great?

What caused America to stop being great again?

What had to happen to make America great again?

At what point did America again become great?

What must we do to prevent America from falling from greatness in the future?

• Plus1 4

President Donald Trump averaged 38.4% job approval in his first year in office, 10 points worse than the prior low of 49.3%, in Bill Clinton's first year.

A quote from the article.  lol

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I guess that’s a predictable result of making America great again.

Or, it's the predictable result of having historically low approval ratings. There are only two places to go from there - up or out.  And with the cowardly do-nothing Republican House & Senate, there's zero chance Trump will go out.

• Plus1 2

1- What has he done that is great?

2- Where is the data that shows he's more popular than ever? (or is this just standard Trump MO, say stuff is great and popular while ignoring reality and facts)

I'd be embarrassed to post such absurdly false things.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

The questions that never, ever, ever get answered.

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

All through the election and since I’ve asked everyone those same questions, on social media, all kinds of forums,  and In real life . I rarely get a response at all, and if I do it’s usually unsubstantiated claims , angry ranting, and regurgitated right wing propaganda .

Has anyone else had a better experience trying to get anyone to legitimately answer those questions or defend this administration ?  

20 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

All through the election and since I’ve asked everyone those same questions, on social media, all kinds of forums,  and In real life . I rarely get a response at all, and if I do it’s usually unsubstantiated claims , angry ranting, and regurgitated right wing propaganda .

Has anyone else had a better experience trying to get anyone to legitimately answer those questions or defend this administration ?  

I think the reason nobody responds to this seemingly obvious question is that they suddenly realize it's a trap. 

There's no way to answer it that won't be torn to shreds by people who understand history, government, and logic. 

• Plus1 4

The reason they don't answer it is because the concept behind "MAGA" is inherently racist. They either know this explicitly or implicitly, and they know that no matter how much ground they've gained electing this racist POS to the White House, the coast still isn't clear for Regular Joe's to fully embrace it.

So Trump does it for them by proxy. 

He did it with the Birther nonsense.

He did it with every policy & law of Obama's that he's torn down.

He did it when he failed to help Americans in Puerto Rico.

He did it when he denounced NFL players for kneeling.

He did it when he called countries south of the border "s#!tholes."

He did it when he referred to Hispanic immigrants as "rapists."

He did it when he promised to build a wall between America & the brown people down south.

He did it when he came up with his travel ban.

Every time Trump takes one more step further. Every time, his followers become more emboldened, and hopeful that they can, soon, wear their true feelings on their sleeve. 

It's why they're so angry all the time. Racism is based in hate. They hate anyone not like them, and that includes most certainly any White person who doesn't see the world through their albino glasses.  You see the hateful undertones in everything they do.  Every time they talk about non-Whites there's a tinge to their statements. Every time they talk to non-racist Whites, they label them. Most of the time they stick with the blanket "liberals" but sometimes it's "progressives" or whatever else they can think of to separate those who don't think like they do with their version of Americans. 

The real answer to those questions is the 1950s. Before the Civil Rights movement, before integration, before we lost the Vietnam War and the gays were still being kicked back into their closets. 

Think about who (predominantly) are wearing those MAGA hats. Baby Boomers whose most cherished memories were when they lived the carefree lives of their childhood, not paying bills, not responsible for anything, tacitly knowing they were going to inherit the world's best country. We had bragging rights all over the world after WWII. 

Think about one of the early fake battlegrounds of this culture war - the much decried "War on Christmas."  Christmas is the most revered time of all for these people - their little White baby Jesus all perfect & holy, not brown & thick-haired like a Levant Jew of the actual era, but someone who looks like them. All of the Christmases we've had since then have been trying to recapture the glory of their childhood. Think about the songs Christians sing to this day at Christmas - most of them haven't changed since that era.  That's why the "War on Christmas" was such a hugely successful early dog whistle. 

MAGA true believers want that era of America to return. They want the colored people in their place, they want no hint of any other religion tarnishing "their" country, they want TV to show homogeneous White families who can safely, casually, cast aspersions on the lesser people (it wasn't an accident that Roseanne had such a huge early return to TV).  They miss the Archie Bunkers and John Waynes of the entertainment world. They hate the liberal elites of Hollywood. 

That is what MAGA means. 

They're just too afraid to say it.  For now.

• Plus1 8