Trump: More Popular than Ever

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You say the bolded as if our country being led by a racist, and creating policy based on that racism, isn't something worth of being pissed about. Like it's something for people who just like to be upset about things. People who don't care are a hell of a lot worse than the ones who do.

So tell me what you are doing in real life on a day to day basis that makes the world a better place with your neighbors and strangers you meet?  You have plenty of time to sit here and complain which does as much good as a fart in a tornado.

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You say the bolded as if our country being led by a racist, and creating policy based on that racism, isn't something worth of being pissed about. Like it's something for people who just like to be upset about things. People who don't care are a hell of a lot worse than the ones who do.

This depends on the topic/issue, you know that.

3 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

So tell me what you are doing in real life on a day to day basis that makes the world a better place with your neighbors and strangers you meet?  You have plenty of time to sit here and complain which does as much good as a fart in a tornado.

Why are you more upset how people spend their time online than at the unnecessary cruelty of this Trump policy?

Why do you care how much time anyone spends here? I have a fulfilling life outside this site, full of friends, family and loved ones. I have hobbies, I exercise, I donate my time to things, and I still find time to chat here. What a weird thing to be concerned about. 

But then, it's better to try to distract with this than to answer for supporting Trump. People don't like to defend the indefensible. It isn't easy.

• Plus1 4
15 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Have we ever had a perfect President? I doubt I would be close friends with Donald if I knew him in person.  I tend to not care for people who need a spot light on them at all times.  I think he was the only candidate who was willing to attempt the wholesale changes needed.  Being a "nice guy" didn't get Bush one bit of respect from Democrats in his 8 years except for the few weeks after 911.

Trump is the worst person to hold the oval office in 100 years. You can admit that, right?

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

If you are talking about the new weekly distraction of the border separation, were you equally appalled when the law was created under Billy Clinton, or when Bush did the same and Obama followed suit.  Each one declaring that illegal border entries must stop and we need to get a handle on this problem. Obama had a democrat majority in both houses and did squat.

It is Trump policy that is causing this. Laws can be used in different ways. The zero-tolerance policy, which prosecutes all instead of merely apprehending and deporting which is what was happening in the previous admins, is what is leading to the separation. This issue never came to a head before because they never used the law in this way. It's similar to the states' legalization of marijuana and how it was dealt with on the federal level. It was Obama's policy to look the other way. Sessions came out guns blazing saying they would go after people buying and selling marijuana. I believe the administration has since changed their tune on this, but it's another good example. The executive branch/justice department have the power to use the same law in vastly different ways.

12 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Why should I tell you anything? I didn't tell you that you're doing a crappy job at the same, but you for some unknown reason are acting extremely defensive about the topic. I also didn't claim that I'm doing s#!t, and I don't need to tell anyone what I'm doing, nor do I need to do anything at all. I can complain if I feel like it. It sure as hell beats defending the indefensible.

• Plus1 4

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This depends on the topic/issue, you know that.

I'm not sure what this reply means. If you mean the last sentence, ya, I agree. People who care about Kim Kardashian are losers. But I was specifically talking about people who care about important things happening in the country.

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Enforcing the law for policies whether it is enacted in 1997 or 2017 is what every president swears to do.  If a new crop of congressmen want to make new laws and wipe old ones off the books then go for it but don't get your hopes up with this recent bunch of do-nothings.  Enforcings laws isn't necessarily racist.  Kicking the economy that puts legal citizens of all races back to work and making a living should not earn him the title of racist just because you happen to not like him.  I don't care about your feelings.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Enforcing the law for policies whether it is enacted in 1997 or 2017 is what every president swears to do.  If a new crop of congressmen want to make new laws and wipe old ones off the books then go for it but don't get your hopes up with this recent bunch of do-nothings.  Enforcings laws isn't necessarily racist.  Kicking the economy that puts legal citizens of all races back to work and making a living should not earn him the title of racist just because you happen to not like him.  I don't care about your feelings.  

The law does not require us to do evil things. And if it did, a good man would direct his DOJ not to enforce it.

Trump did the opposite of that. 

Jesus wouldn't do this. In fact, I think he said "The kingdom of God belongs to " children, didn't he?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

He earned the title of racist because he's racist. He earned dislike in part because he's racist. He's also sexist and moronic, to name a couple other things.

To the bolded, are there or aren't there different ways to prioritize and enforce laws? Sessions stated there would be a zero-tolerance policy, and then things changed. Trump and his administration can just as easily change it back to the way it was before.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm not sure what this reply means. If you mean the last sentence, ya, I agree. People who care about Kim Kardashian are losers. But I was specifically talking about people who care about important things happening in the country.

That is the problem...what things are "important", I mean it isn't fair to say the things that you think (or that I think) are important are more important than another persons.  

I also think people who care about Kim are losers...But I am guessing that her family cares about her a lot...well some of them

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The law does not require us to do evil things. And if it did, a good man would direct his DOJ not to enforce it.

Trump did the opposite of that. 

Jesus wouldn't do this. In fact, I think he said "The kingdom of God belongs to " children, didn't he?

Yes

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

That is the problem...what things are "important", I mean it isn't fair to say the things that you think (or that I think) are important are more important than another persons.  

I also think people who care about Kim are losers...But I am guessing that her family cares about her a lot...well some of them

Fair enough. That was just my opinion - that people who care about the country are better than those who don't. *shrug*

• Plus1 1
Just now, Moiraine said:

Fair enough. That was just my opinion - that people who care about the country are better than those who don't. *shrug*

Oh I agree...the problem is you have people that care about the country as long as it is just _______ or ________ or __________.

People are morons and assholes...we all know that.  It won't change.  Sadly.