Jump to content
Mavric

Frost on Social Media Posts by Recruits

Recommended Posts

I think a LOT people, not just recruits, but people in general, would be wise to heed Coach Frost's advice.

 

Although the part about guns, to my mind, brings up a few interesting questions: What if a recruit posts a social media post where he is in camouflage, holding a shotgun, or rifle, and has clearly been hunting?  Is there nuance there where that would be acceptable versus just some kid holding a "9" all wangster style?  And if there is that nuance, could it be construed as favoring or giving exceptions to white players since white players are (sorry for the stereotype here) more likely to go hunting than an urban kid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I think a LOT people, not just recruits, but people in general, would be wise to heed Coach Frost's advice.

 

Although the part about guns, to my mind, brings up a few interesting questions: What if a recruit posts a social media post where he is in camouflage, holding a shotgun, or rifle, and has clearly been hunting?  Is there nuance there where that would be acceptable versus just some kid holding a "9" all wangster style?  And if there is that nuance, could it be construed as favoring or giving exceptions to white players since white players are (sorry for the stereotype here) more likely to go hunting than an urban kid? 

 

I believe SF has talked about hunting more than once.  I'm sure SF has also went hunting with individuals that aren't white people.  It would be a long stretch to think that somebody showing a hunting gun within a hunting environment and somebody showing a pistol in a non hunting environment should be looked at equally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

 

I believe SF has talked about hunting more than once.  I'm sure SF has also went hunting with individuals that aren't white people.  It would be a long stretch to think that somebody showing a hunting gun within a hunting environment and somebody showing a pistol in a non hunting environment should be looked at equally.

 

I don't necessarily disagree, but for the sake of consistency, a "no guns" policy across the board on social media would probably be best.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Common sense shall prevail. Flashing a pistol to look cool vs hunting is a different story. Come on now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Common sense shall prevail. Flashing a pistol to look cool vs hunting is a different story. Come on now. 

While I agree...That probably depends on the person in the picture and the person looking at it.

 

I don't hunt, I don't understand hunting, I don't understand how people want to use their time hunting.  When friends show me a picture of them, with their hunting gun next to some dead animal...I think "That is lame, what a huge waste of money and time...also...did the animal have a gun?"

 

When I see some dork flashing a gun to act hard on social media I think :"That is lame, what a dork"

 

I imagine that people all have different reactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, teachercd said:

While I agree...That probably depends on the person in the picture and the person looking at it.

 

I don't hunt, I don't understand hunting, I don't understand how people want to use their time hunting.  When friends show me a picture of them, with their hunting gun next to some dead animal...I think "That is lame, what a huge waste of money and time...also...did the animal have a gun?"

 

When I see some dork flashing a gun to act hard on social media I think :"That is lame, what a dork"

 

I imagine that people all have different reactions.

 

I don’t personally know a lot of hunters, but the couple I do know who get something on their trips, I usually think “mmm mmm mmm that’s going to taste good when we bbq.”

 

But as you said, to each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

 

I don’t personally know a lot of hunters, but the couple I do know who get something on their trips, I usually think “mmm mmm mmm that’s going to taste good when we bbq.”

 

But as you said, to each their own.

I had some students bring back some birds doves I think...and they made dove stew.  It was fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds interesting. These guys go down to Texas to hunt wild pig, we smoked some of it and that was pretty good too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want to derail the thread with my personal beliefs, but I think it’s probably best to just have a blanket stance on all guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, teachercd said:

I had some students bring back some birds doves I think...and they made dove stew.  It was fantastic!

 

Well that was very lame of you to eat and enjoy their waste of time lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

 

Well that was very lame of you to eat and enjoy their waste of time lol.

Ha...It was good eating! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×