Justice Kennedy Set to Retire

23 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I don't expect Trump to select a moderate in the style of a Kennedy.    Based on past experience, I expect Trump to go full bore as far right as he can.  You all know as a conservative, I like conservative judges ...  but as a balance.  We need  liberal, moderate, & conservative judges to bring balance to any argument that goes before the court to protect the interest of all people in a diverse nation like ours.  Trump may try to make it more palatable by nominating someone of color or a female to the court - but that would surprise me as I think he still goes full conservative white guy.   He may try that when/if Ginsberg retires.

an article for reference

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/anthony-kennedy-retiring-from-supreme-court.html

No he wont.  

^^^ that is pretty amazing.  Amazing that we are just now finding this out. 

Maybe Trump was much closer and connected to The Swamp than he led us to believe.  No wonder the Swamp just seems to be getting deeper and wider as the Swamp is enriching Trump Inc. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, commando said:

imagine if you will....trump get impeached and it ends up going to the supreme court.  should the judges he nominates be able to vote on whether he is guilty or not?   would they have to recuse themselves?

They should recuse themselves but we'll have to see if that happens.

• Plus1 1