Huskers Finish 44th in Directors Cup - Worst Ever

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Does anyone know what sports are included?  I mean obviously there are the main attraction sports like football, basketball, and volleyball...

Schools can score points in up to 20 sports (10 men’s and 10 women’s) of their choosing. 

So obviously the football team was not included for Nebraska this year :bang

7 minutes ago, huKSer said:

So this Directors cup doesn't have a standard, across the board, set of sports?  It just allows colleges and universities to cherry pick the sports they want to include/exclude?

Side Question: Is this something we should actually care about?

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

So this Directors cup doesn't have a standard, across the board, set of sports?  It just allows colleges and universities to cherry pick the sports they want to include/exclude?

The fact it's the lowest ever is probably saying something.

I was at times defensive of Eichorst because I think people just hate lawyers, and some of the critiques were pretty silly, but as soon as I heard he was going around telling all the coaches that Diaco was the best coach on campus, my mind changed quite a bit. If he's that out of touch when he has John Cook, how good of an AD could he have been for the "other" sports?

Also, Nebraska has a lot of money. We shouldn't be that low. Most schools are in the negative. But we have enough money to support all the teams that would wind up in this ranking.

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Side question answer:  nope

1 hour ago, Old Nebraska Guy said:

I just checked on huskers.com and Nebraska offers 9 men's and 13 women's sports.

So we could be at a disadvantage when comparing to schools with more men's sports.  Its value maybe in the consistency of UNL's ranking.  Since this year's ranking is the worst ever thing are not good in huskerland.

8 hours ago, huKSer said:

So they HAD to include the football team :bang:bang

• Plus1 1

On 7/1/2018 at 11:48 AM, huKSer said:

Obviously NU is one men's team short so we count only 19 scores while presumably others count 20.   That is starting from behind.   With a VB championship and air rifle and bowling, we should have done pretty well unless certain sports are weighted heavier than others.  Its been a long time since men have done well so women's teams must have slipped some.  ??