Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Huskers93-97

Recruiting Tangent Thread - Wisconsin Edition

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

Crystal Balls are predictions that don't have a meaning. They just show a trending lead. Most CB's come when someone like Fong or Loy drop one and people latch on. I do not have any insider information, it's just a feeling with this kid as he plays everything close to the chest and carefully weighs his options. I think a lot is getting made of him visiting after his Wiscy visit but people still forget that he went and visited Wiscy.

No matter how everyone wants to try to slice it Wisconsin is the cheap knock off of Nebraska. 

 

We are Rolex, they are Rollexx. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

No matter how everyone wants to try to slice it Wisconsin is the cheap knock off of Nebraska. 

 

We are Rolex, they are Rollexx. 

A kid born in 2000-2001 may not see it that way just saying. 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

No matter how everyone wants to try to slice it Wisconsin is the cheap knock off of Nebraska. 

 

We are Rolex, they are Rollexx. 

homerism at its finest.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

No matter how everyone wants to try to slice it Wisconsin is the cheap knock off of Nebraska. 

 

We are Rolex, they are Rollexx. 

Well that Rollexx has been looking really shiny as of late.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember my first beer too.  Wisconsin has been way more relevant in the last 15 years.

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jassman24 said:

Well that Rollexx has been looking really shiny as of late.

 

Especially at that position. Not gonna lie, wish it wasn't Wisconsin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wisconsin is still copy cats. Barry Alvarez not only copys Nebraska but copied Notre dame with the play like a champion thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chadhusker said:

Wisconsin is still copy cats. Barry Alvarez not only copys Nebraska but copied Notre dame with the play like a champion thing 

 

With grammar like that, I hope you're still in grade school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 1:40 PM, ADS said:

I remember my first beer too.  Wisconsin has been way more relevant in the last 15 years.

When you are having a conversation about a blue blood program your talking about like 80-100 years of tradition. Who cares if they have gotten the better of Nebraska for the last 15 years. In the grand scheme of history 15 years is not that long. We have been down and they capitalized but at the end of the day we are a historical program so when we get rolling again our ceiling is much higher. 

 

Kudos to them for the last 15 years. But let’s not pretend Wisconsin has more national brand relevance than us. Get a few wins rolling with frost and return us to a good program again and no one will care about the knock off up north. Sorry but it’s true 

 

If both programs were stock- I think most would invest in Nebraska due to historical evidence and staying power. These conversations will look really silly if frost is here for 20 years and we get back to times of old. I am sure Oklahoma has these same talks in the mid to late 90s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

When you are having a conversation about a blue blood program your talking about like 80-100 years of tradition. Who cares if they have gotten the better of Nebraska for the last 15 years. In the grand scheme of history 15 years is not that long. We have been down and they capitalized but at the end of the day we are a historical program so when we get rolling again our ceiling is much higher. 

 

Kudos to them for the last 15 years. But let’s not pretend Wisconsin has more national brand relevance than us. Get a few wins rolling with frost and return us to a good program again and no one will care about the knock off up north. Sorry but it’s true 

 

If both programs were stock- I think most would invest in Nebraska due to historical evidence and staying power. These conversations will look really silly if frost is here for 20 years and we get back to times of old. I am sure Oklahoma has these same talks in the mid to late 90s

 

That's an interesting way of looking at it.  I'm not sure I would invest in Nebraska right now as I think it's probably overvalued and will come back to earth and then I would be a buyer again.  Now, I would've bought heaps of NU stock after the Iowa game...man that would've been rad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×