First music you ever bought

Feel free to add first music you ever received.

The first cassette tapes I bought were Michael Jackson - Dangerous and Counting Crows - August and Everything After. At the time Best Buy had maybe 20 cassette tapes in the store, and I didn't know about CD players yet.

The first CD I bought was Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily (1995).

The first music ever given to me (around 1992) was a mix tape one of my brothers made which had Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, and They Might Be Giants mixed together at random. It was awesome.

• Plus1 2

The first record album I bought was from a discount rack in a record store near Kansas City.  Looking through it I saw the song "Cherry Hill Park" on an album by Dennis Yost and the Classics.  I bought it not knowing the artist who made it popular was Billy Joe Royal. This would have been in 1970.

Billy Joe Royal version done in 1969.

Dennis Yost version.

I used to frequent a record store in Columbus beginning about 8th of  9th grade so around 1976. Can't remember the first ones I purchased but I do remember one; The Fabulous Poodles-Mirror Star album. It was one the guy there recommended and I actually ended up liking it even tho I was very hesitant.

The first 2 CD's I ever got were AC/DC Live and Eric Clapton Unplugged. Still 2 of my favorites.

My siblings were 7 & 9 years older than me so we always had some good albums in the house and 8 tracks in the car. Lots of CCR, Three Dog Night, etc.

• Plus1 1

I was probably 12...It cost $7.99 from a drugstore in Holdrege owned by the father of a girl I almost married 9 years later..My parents tried talking me into returning it..Kinda pricey for those days and it went on to become my least favourite Beatles album

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I was probably 12...It cost $7.99 from a drugstore in Holdrege owned by the father of a girl I almost married 9 years later..My parents tried talking me into returning it..Kinda pricey for those days and it went on to become my least favourite Beatles album

What a weird track list.

39 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

DMX and Britney Spears CD at the same time in 1999. Obviously my taste in music has improved since I was 12 years old. 

Has your taste really improved or did Britney and DMX just quit making new music? :lol:

I shouldn't poke fun, some of the stuff I used to like seems pretty bad now.

• Plus1 2