First music you ever bought

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Has your taste really improved or did Britney and DMX just quit making new music? :lol:

I shouldn't poke fun, some of the stuff I used to like seems pretty bad now.

Well most people on here would say no since I listen to Nickelback still lol

As a kid i listened to Casey Kasem's top 40 every week. The Woolworth store in town had all the top 40 hits on 45 rpm records, 2 for a dollar, so i'd buy a couple every week.

Hooked on a feeling - Blue Swede  was probably my first 45.

Paradise Theatre - Styx  Was first 8 track,  It was actually given to me by my older sisters BF though . He had a badass Cordoba we used to cruise around and crank  that 8 track all the time lol

You cant stop rock and roll - Twisted Sister was first cassette

2112 - Rush was first CD

First Mp3 was Enter Sandman - Metallica  illegally downloaded from Napster. It took 45 minutes but was well worth it. Screw you Lars! ha ha 

• Plus1 2

First tape was the soundtrack from Batman (1989). Probably last listened to it two or three years later. Second and third were Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever and Def Leppard's Hysteria, which I still listen to sometimes.

First CD was the Wayne's World soundtrack - can you blame a kid for wanting a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody? :)

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

As a kid i listened to Casey Kasem's top 40 every week. The Woolworth store in town had all the top 40 hits on 45 rpm records, 2 for a dollar, so i'd buy a couple every week.

Hooked on a feeling - Blue Swede  was probably my first 45.

Paradise Theatre - Styx  Was first 8 track,  It was actually given to me by my older sisters BF though . He had a badass Cordoba we used to cruise around and crank  that 8 track all the time lol

You cant stop rock and roll - Twisted Sister was first cassette

2112 - Rush was first CD

First Mp3 was Enter Sandman - Metallica  illegally downloaded from Napster. It took 45 minutes but was well worth it. Screw you Lars! ha ha 

Napster!

I used to pick the songs I wanted to download and start them in the morning...I would leave for school and come back home and out of the 15 or so tunes half would be complete...the rest were either still downloaded or dead.  

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Napster!

I used to pick the songs I wanted to download and start them in the morning...I would leave for school and come back home and out of the 15 or so tunes half would be complete...the rest were either still downloaded or dead.  

I used Napster obsessively in '99 and '00. I wish I had kept some of that stuff because a lot of people uploaded rare songs.

• Plus1 1

The first music I ever bought with my own money was, I think, cassettes of Purple Rain and Reggatta de Blanc by The Police. I bought a bunch of music at once, but those were the ones I played most.

I am almost positive the first CD I ever bought was The Four Seasons by Vivaldi when me & my roommate were buying as much classical (no lyrics) music as we could to listen to while playing Mario. I think I still have that one here somewhere.

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

Napster!

Me and a few friends got in quite a bit of trouble for downloading Napster onto school computers when it first became popular. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, GSG said:

220px-FooFighters-FooFighters.jpg

This was one of my first ones too. Now I kinda wanna listen to it. Speaking of which this is why I made the topic in the first place. I'm making a playlist for a long trip and listened to a bunch of stuff I hadn't listened to in years.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...