Which RB Pans Out

Over the course of this past week we saw Breece Hall commit to Iowa St. and Tyler Goodson commit to Iowa.  Earlier in the recruiting cycle we landed the commitments of 

Grayson, Johnson, Thompkins in the :bigredn: 2019 class.  Just recently we saw Breece Hall take a nice jump to around #236 nationally and is now considered a 4*.

I was just curious to ask the board who they think will be the best of these five (5) RB's.  Input?  Reasons?  Thoughts?

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Over the course of this past week we saw Breece Hall commit to Iowa St. and Tyler Goodson commit to Iowa.  Earlier in the recruiting cycle we landed the commitments of 

Grayson, Johnson, Thompkins in the :bigredn: 2019 class.  Just recently we saw Breece Hall take a nice jump to around #236 nationally and is now considered a 4*.

I was just curious to ask the board who they think will be the best of these five (5) RB's.  Input?  Reasons?  Thoughts?

Obviously all the Nebraska commits are amazing and the others are terrible, don't you pay attention? :dunno

• Plus1 2

To be honest its kind of a trick question. Some of these guys will be better in different offensive systems. I think the guys we have will tend to be very good in our system. They are fast guys who will do well in space. I think a high 3 star guy may do better than a 4 star guy who may not be fast enough to work in this system.

So I think the question should not be who will have a better college career. But rather who would have the best college career in the Nebraska system. Thats all that matters. It doesnt make sense to accept a commitment from a kid who is rated higher if he is not ideal for our system.

• Plus1 1

@Huskers93-97, thanks for your input.  Some good thoughts.  It wasn't a trick question.  From my understanding, we offered Breece Hall and Tyler Goodson, so the staff obviously thought both fit their system.

I really like Hall and I'm always a fan of owning the 500 mile radius as well.  I think Breece might fit the Huskers old running approach better.  I don't really have enough knowledge of the Frost system to discern who I think would be the best RB (thus seeking the board's input).

57 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@Huskers93-97, thanks for your input.  Some good thoughts.  It wasn't a trick question.  From my understanding, we offered Breece Hall and Tyler Goodson, so the staff obviously thought both fit their system.

I really like Hall and I'm always a fan of owning the 500 mile radius as well.  I think Breece might fit the Huskers old running approach better.  I don't really have enough knowledge of the Frost system to discern who I think would be the best RB (thus seeking the board's input).

Thats fine. I am just making an assumption that Frost and staff are going to take the kids they think fit their system best. All 5 of these kids are committed here start of july. So I would assume if Frost and Co wanted those kids over someone they already have committed I would think they would have held out on accepting a commitment. Or they viewed them as equal so whoever commits first is good for them.